Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30780 Ignoramus30780 is offline

Default $50

On 2011-04-29, rangerssuck wrote:
I know Gunner says he doesn't read my posts, and I really don't give a
****, but someone may want to let him know that he is digging himself
a hole with the IRS. Not traceable? Gunner has posted plenty of
evidence, right here in this group. He has offered things for sale -
when the IRS agent comes knocking at his door and those things aren't
there, Gunner is going to have to explain where they went.

In a different thread, I posted a link to the IRS page that talks
about bartering and the record-keeping requirements and what is
taxable.

IRS would have zero interest in this.

Ayup. I grossed $19k last year..and they simply dont give a **** about
little tiny guys like me. Ive got no money to pay them. So Id take the
jail route..and that doesnt make them look very good unless its over
high dollars.

And that $19 gross..had $5000 worth of gas bought out of it.

Barter transactions are hard to prove, income from free labor is even
harder to prove, and why would they want to waste time on you? Even if
they prove that you hid $3k of income, they would not get much due to
you being in a low tax bracket -- and they cannot easily prove
anything of this sort, anyway.

Plus, how much is it exactly worth to receve in-kind services that
could not even fix a rusted shut welder for a year? The answer is that
this is worth nothing.

You can take that pile of rusted stuff to a scrap yard and get
approximately $145 (with the trailer that it is on). And you get paid
in cash, too.