Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default GE-18 Transistors

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good home...

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good
home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

Done.
Thanks:

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

Damn, iirc, that was a general replacement series of semiconductors found back in the
70's. Did I just date myself?

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:36:50 +0100, Baron wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good
home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

Done.
Thanks:

What are they good for?

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Priests might like transisters!

-----------------------
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
What are they good for?

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

Damn, iirc, that was a general replacement series of semiconductors found back in the
70's. Did I just date myself?

Wes

Yes. OTOH, the RCA SK series was available in the mid '60s. There
were others, like Motorola's HEP, Sylvania ECG, Workman WEP and a lot of
smaller general purpose replacements. GE's line were some of the
worst. High leakage currents, and wouldn't work in RF circuits, even
though they claimed to replace RF parts in radios. They had a high, in
warranty failure rate as well. In some cases, we ordered the OEM
transistors, because the distributors wouldn't stock the parts offered
by RCA or Sylvania.
--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Takes me back down memory lane a long way.
ICs then CPUs with 0.05" spacing came in and wrecked the whole thing.

----------------

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...
Yes. OTOH, the RCA SK series was available in the mid '60s. There
were others, like Motorola's HEP, Sylvania ECG, Workman WEP and a lot of
smaller general purpose replacements. GE's line were some of the
worst. High leakage currents, and wouldn't work in RF circuits, even
though they claimed to replace RF parts in radios. They had a high, in
warranty failure rate as well. In some cases, we ordered the OEM
transistors, because the distributors wouldn't stock the parts offered
by RCA or Sylvania.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Josepi wrote:
Yes. OTOH, the RCA SK series was available in the mid '60s. There
were others, like Motorola's HEP, Sylvania ECG, Workman WEP and a lot
of smaller general purpose replacements.

ECG part numbers are often duplicated in current NTE stock numbers, which
makes it pretty easy to cross reference.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:36:50 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good
home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

Done.
Thanks:

What are they good for?

Gunner

They will go into my collection ! Nowadays they are mostly a curiosity.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:54:20 +0100, Baron wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:36:50 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good
home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

Done.
Thanks:

What are they good for?

Gunner

They will go into my collection ! Nowadays they are mostly a curiosity.

How much will it cost me to ship them to you..in England?

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 01:16:51 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:54:20 +0100, Baron wrote:

They will go into my collection ! Nowadays they are mostly a curiosity.

How much will it cost me to ship them to you..in England?

Ouch! I hope he offers(ed?) to pay the shipping costs.

--
Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets;
then can come the best of benedictions -
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:54:20 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:36:50 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good
home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

Done.
Thanks:

What are they good for?

Gunner

They will go into my collection ! Nowadays they are mostly a
curiosity.

How much will it cost me to ship them to you..in England?

Gunner

I really don't have a clue !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 21:18:10 +0100, Baron wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:54:20 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:36:50 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good
home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

Done.
Thanks:

What are they good for?

Gunner

They will go into my collection ! Nowadays they are mostly a
curiosity.

How much will it cost me to ship them to you..in England?

Gunner

I really don't have a clue !

$18+

Why dont I just send you a $10 and you can buy your own in the UK?

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)

FA: 1lb PLUS OF VARIOUS NEW TRANSISTORS SOME JANSO MANY:-) wa2rqy Electronics Repair 33 October 3rd 06 01:11 AM
pnp/npn transistors wonderer Electronics Repair 6 May 16th 06 10:17 AM
Transistors Henry Electronics 11 January 17th 06 01:26 AM
Old Transistors Ron Thompson Electronics Repair 26 September 16th 05 05:07 AM
Uses for 150-300 amp transistors? Leon Heller Metalworking 9 February 15th 05 10:15 PM