DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   GE-18 Transistors (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/321909-ge-18-transistors.html)

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 18th 11 09:55 AM

GE-18 Transistors

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is

Baron[_4_] April 18th 11 08:08 PM

GE-18 Transistors

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good home...

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 18th 11 09:39 PM

GE-18 Transistors

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

Baron[_4_] April 18th 11 10:36 PM

GE-18 Transistors

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good
home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

Done.
Thanks:

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Wes[_5_] April 19th 11 12:02 AM

GE-18 Transistors

Gunner Asch wrote:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

Damn, iirc, that was a general replacement series of semiconductors found back in the
70's. Did I just date myself?

Wes

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 19th 11 01:00 AM

GE-18 Transistors

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:36:50 +0100, Baron wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good
home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

Done.
Thanks:

What are they good for?

Gunner

Josepi[_17_] April 19th 11 02:55 AM

GE-18 Transistors

Priests might like transisters!

-----------------------
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
What are they good for?

Gunner

Michael A. Terrell April 19th 11 04:00 AM

GE-18 Transistors

Wes wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

Damn, iirc, that was a general replacement series of semiconductors found back in the
70's. Did I just date myself?

Wes

Yes. OTOH, the RCA SK series was available in the mid '60s. There
were others, like Motorola's HEP, Sylvania ECG, Workman WEP and a lot of
smaller general purpose replacements. GE's line were some of the
worst. High leakage currents, and wouldn't work in RF circuits, even
though they claimed to replace RF parts in radios. They had a high, in
warranty failure rate as well. In some cases, we ordered the OEM
transistors, because the distributors wouldn't stock the parts offered
by RCA or Sylvania.
--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Josepi[_17_] April 19th 11 04:05 AM

GE-18 Transistors

Takes me back down memory lane a long way.
ICs then CPUs with 0.05" spacing came in and wrecked the whole thing.

----------------

m...

Jon Danniken[_4_] April 19th 11 01:59 PM

GE-18 Transistors

Josepi wrote:
Yes. OTOH, the RCA SK series was available in the mid '60s. There
were others, like Motorola's HEP, Sylvania ECG, Workman WEP and a lot
of smaller general purpose replacements.

ECG part numbers are often duplicated in current NTE stock numbers, which
makes it pretty easy to cross reference.

Jon

Baron[_4_] April 19th 11 08:54 PM

GE-18 Transistors

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:36:50 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good
home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

Done.
Thanks:

What are they good for?

Gunner

They will go into my collection ! Nowadays they are mostly a curiosity.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 23rd 11 09:16 AM

GE-18 Transistors

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:54:20 +0100, Baron wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:36:50 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good
home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

Done.
Thanks:

What are they good for?

Gunner

They will go into my collection ! Nowadays they are mostly a curiosity.

How much will it cost me to ship them to you..in England?

Gunner

Larry Jaques[_3_] April 23rd 11 04:32 PM

GE-18 Transistors

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 01:16:51 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:54:20 +0100, Baron wrote:

They will go into my collection ! Nowadays they are mostly a curiosity.

How much will it cost me to ship them to you..in England?

Ouch! I hope he offers(ed?) to pay the shipping costs.

--
Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets;
then can come the best of benedictions -

Baron[_4_] April 23rd 11 09:18 PM

GE-18 Transistors

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:54:20 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:36:50 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good
home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

Done.
Thanks:

What are they good for?

Gunner

They will go into my collection ! Nowadays they are mostly a
curiosity.

How much will it cost me to ship them to you..in England?

Gunner

I really don't have a clue !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 24th 11 06:40 AM

GE-18 Transistors

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 21:18:10 +0100, Baron wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:54:20 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:36:50 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:08:26 +0100, Baron
wrote:

Gunner Asch Inscribed thus:

I found 5 of them, NOS still in the packaging.

Anyone need them?

Free to a good home

Gunner

If you don't want them, send them to me ! I'll give them a good
home...

send me an address

gunnerasch at hotmail dot com

Ill stick em in a padded envelope and mail em

Gunner

Done.
Thanks:

What are they good for?

Gunner

They will go into my collection ! Nowadays they are mostly a
curiosity.

How much will it cost me to ship them to you..in England?

Gunner

I really don't have a clue !

$18+

Why dont I just send you a $10 and you can buy your own in the UK?

Gunner