Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default SA-200 cranks great, starts, sputters and dies

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 22:36:07 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 22:34:48 GMT, Yooper wrote:

The aerosol type works fine due to the propane-ish propellant. The
squirt can variety I have found to be a "totally different kettle of
fish"

I'm not sure if they changed the propellant, but in my latest spray can
of WD-40 the propellant was carbon dioxide.

GACK!!! Ill certainly..definately ..positivly check the next can I buy

Yes, you certainly wouldn't want to spew that dangerous stuff, which
the EPA declared hazardous and is considering regulating, out into the
atmosphere!

Saaaay, whatever happened with their declaration, anyway?

--
Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins
when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 22:34:48 GMT, Yooper wrote:

*The aerosol type works fine due to the propane-ish propellant. The
squirt can variety I have found to be a *"totally different kettle of
fish"

*I'm not sure if they changed the propellant, but in my latest spray can
of WD-40 the propellant was carbon dioxide.

GACK!!! *Ill certainly..definately ..positivly check the next can I buy

Yes, you certainly wouldn't want to spew that dangerous stuff, which
the EPA declared hazardous and is considering regulating, out into the
atmosphere! *

Saaaay, whatever happened with their declaration, anyway?

Kind of funny, the company probably changed propellants because of
CARB regs, nasty V.O.C. emissions, you see, now they're up against the
anti-CO2 brigades. Next thing you know, they'll be banning all
aerosols just on general principles.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can't find Termin-8 Brown (was SA-200)

wrote:

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 22:34:48 GMT, Yooper wrote:

Â*The aerosol type works fine due to the propane-ish propellant. The
squirt can variety I have found to be a Â*"totally different kettle of
fish"

Â*I'm not sure if they changed the propellant, but in my latest spray can
of WD-40 the propellant was carbon dioxide.

GACK!!! Â*Ill certainly..definately ..positivly check the next can I buy

Yes, you certainly wouldn't want to spew that dangerous stuff, which
the EPA declared hazardous and is considering regulating, out into the
atmosphere! Â*

Saaaay, whatever happened with their declaration, anyway?

Kind of funny, the company probably changed propellants because of
CARB regs, nasty V.O.C. emissions, you see, now they're up against the
anti-CO2 brigades. Next thing you know, they'll be banning all
aerosols just on general principles.

I can't wait to see what the 'New Improved' Governor Moonbeam comes up
with.

And speaking of nasty things, I can't find any Jasco Termin-8 to paint
the cut ends of pressure treated lumber any more. Evidently Homax
bought Jasco and sold Termin-8 to Black Flag and they stopped making
brown, now making only green. The problem is that 90% of all pressure
treated lumber is now brown, not green.

Does anyone know of a preservative/dye/pesticide/mildewcide that comes
in brown or can be mixed with deck stain so I can make my own? I just
emailed Superdeck to see if they did. They said they don't make it and
can't comment on it or test anything because of frackin' regulations.

I've found a clear pesticide but don't know if it would work in a deck
stain. It comes in gallons only and sells for $23, so I can't even
test it for a rational price. deep sigh And I can't just paint it
with clear and wait several days to paint it with deck stain because
half the timbers would be covered (or underground) by then.