Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can't find Termin-8 Brown (was SA-200)

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 23:21:21 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Apr 3, 9:01Â*am, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 22:36:07 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 22:34:48 GMT, Yooper wrote:

Â*The aerosol type works fine due to the propane-ish propellant. The
squirt can variety I have found to be a Â*"totally different kettle of
fish"

Â*I'm not sure if they changed the propellant, but in my latest spray can
of WD-40 the propellant was carbon dioxide.

GACK!!! Â*Ill certainly..definately ..positivly check the next can I buy

Yes, you certainly wouldn't want to spew that dangerous stuff, which
the EPA declared hazardous and is considering regulating, out into the
atmosphere! Â*

Saaaay, whatever happened with their declaration, anyway?

Kind of funny, the company probably changed propellants because of
CARB regs, nasty V.O.C. emissions, you see, now they're up against the
anti-CO2 brigades. Next thing you know, they'll be banning all
aerosols just on general principles.

I can't wait to see what the 'New Improved' Governor Moonbeam comes up
with.

And speaking of nasty things, I can't find any Jasco Termin-8 to paint
the cut ends of pressure treated lumber any more. Evidently Homax
bought Jasco and sold Termin-8 to Black Flag and they stopped making
brown, now making only green. The problem is that 90% of all pressure
treated lumber is now brown, not green.

Does anyone know of a preservative/dye/pesticide/mildewcide that comes
in brown or can be mixed with deck stain so I can make my own? I just
emailed Superdeck to see if they did. They said they don't make it and
can't comment on it or test anything because of frackin' regulations.

I've found a clear pesticide but don't know if it would work in a deck
stain. It comes in gallons only and sells for $23, so I can't even
test it for a rational price. deep sigh And I can't just paint it
with clear and wait several days to paint it with deck stain because
half the timbers would be covered (or underground) by then.

--
Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins
when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in