Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where's Gummer?

"Sunworshipper" SW@GWNTUNDRA wrote in message
On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 06:08:20 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 23:03:58 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Brian Lawson" wrote

My last email from him was Feb 17th. I hope he is okay.

Wes

Hey Wes,

Same date for me.

Brian Lawson.

So, anyone called him? I'd have to search my e mails hard and wide for
his
phone. Is it just an Internet connection thing with him or what? I'd
kick
in a sawbuck for a collection to get him up and running if he's hard up
against it.

Machine shops have been dying at an extraordinary in California
(although the few still in business are doing very well) so his
business is at an all time low right now. Money's tight.

His cable company wants to bundle cable with h/s internet, so the
minimum is $75/month, too steep for his luxury account at the moment.
Too bad they don't have $20/mo DSL out there in the sticks. I had to
wait 5 years before they go it out to me, and I'm only 3.5 miles out
from a rural town.

Yeah ! What's up with that? They want about $80 a month for DSL.
$20-$30 seems fair to me. I'm forced to have a cell phone cause the
land line is over $100 a month. I wish there was a way around the only
phone company, thought breaking up AT&T would give us options. If I
get TV/Phone/DSL it's as much as an new car payment.

Bet driving around Hell A won't take long to add up to a car payment
too, real quick.

SW

We just changed to DSL here in rural Utah, and it's about $25 a month on a
two year deal.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 11:15:37 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Your just saying that. Yeah, and they discourage having an email and
no news. I really liked the high speed cable back when, but that was
up there also with TV and still no Science Channel. Wish one could
forfeit sports for just geek and news channels. What would be really
cool is cheap easy broadcast licensees (LOL) and link to satellite and
split the cost amongst neighbors. I see one dish on a house pointing
north east, wonder , Europe?

Oh, well so much for dreaming.

SW