Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I am now very important.

Received a McMaster catalog in the mail
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 5, 6:07*pm, Ignoramus1280
wrote:
Received a McMaster catalog in the mail

Sniff...wiping a tear from my eye...our Ig has become one of
us. ;)))

If you keep it in the bathroom, you will never come out.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus1280 wrote:

Received a McMaster catalog in the mail

Wow, did you spend a bunch or did they lower their standards? I was feeling pretty
special until I read this post.

Still you have to admit, it feels good recieving the honor of being worthy of that
catalog.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes fired this volley in
:

Still you have to admit, it feels good recieving the honor of being
worthy of that catalog.

Wes

Wes, my experience is that $400-$500 worth of business a year will end up
rendering a catalog.

But I have to say that McMaster's is about the only site out there on
which I can order with the same cnfidence as with a paper catalog.

FWIW... MSC has realised McMaste's online advantage, and is rapidly
improving their site.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-03-06, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus1280 wrote:

Received a McMaster catalog in the mail

Wow, did you spend a bunch or did they lower their standards? I was feeling pretty
special until I read this post.

I spent some money over the last, mostly on trinkets, like crimped
terminals, screws etc, year due to this CNC project, but nothing truly
major.

Still you have to admit, it feels good recieving the honor of being worthy of that
catalog.

Maybe they lowered their standards for us! ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-03-06, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Wes fired this volley in
:

Still you have to admit, it feels good recieving the honor of being
worthy of that catalog.

Wes

Wes, my experience is that $400-$500 worth of business a year will end up
rendering a catalog.

But I have to say that McMaster's is about the only site out there on
which I can order with the same cnfidence as with a paper catalog.

FWIW... MSC has realised McMaste's online advantage, and is rapidly
improving their site.

MSC website is UNUSABLE.

McMaster has such a great website, that a catalog really is
unnecessary, but makes a good bedtime reading. By the way, a new in
box catalog sells for $40 on ebay.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-03-06, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus1280 wrote:

Received a McMaster catalog in the mail

Wow, did you spend a bunch or did they lower their standards? I was
feeling pretty
special until I read this post.

I spent some money over the last, mostly on trinkets, like crimped
terminals, screws etc, year due to this CNC project, but nothing truly
major.

Still you have to admit, it feels good recieving the honor of being
worthy of that
catalog.

Maybe they lowered their standards for us! ;-)

Times when I'm working on a project and place several small orders, seems
they send me a catalog. Maybe it's triggered by quantity of orders placed
and not dollars spent.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

m...
On 2011-03-06, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus1280 wrote:

Received a McMaster catalog in the mail

Wow, did you spend a bunch or did they lower their standards? I was
feeling pretty
special until I read this post.

I spent some money over the last, mostly on trinkets, like crimped
terminals, screws etc, year due to this CNC project, but nothing truly
major.

Still you have to admit, it feels good recieving the honor of being
worthy of that
catalog.

Maybe they lowered their standards for us! ;-)

Times when I'm working on a project and place several small orders, seems
they send me a catalog. Maybe it's triggered by quantity of orders placed
and not dollars spent.

RogerN

I'm sure you're right. I seldom order more than two items at a time
and place probably 20-30 orders a year. They are my hardware store. I
get a catalog every year. My next one goes for sale on eBay if they
are really worth $40.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in
. 3.70:

Wes fired this volley in
:

Still you have to admit, it feels good recieving the honor of being
worthy of that catalog.

Wes

Wes, my experience is that $400-$500 worth of business a year will end
up rendering a catalog.

But I have to say that McMaster's is about the only site out there on
which I can order with the same cnfidence as with a paper catalog.

FWIW... MSC has realised McMaste's online advantage, and is rapidly
improving their site.

MSC still has LONG way to go to beat Mcmaster's web site.

I have an old Mcmaster catalog that I'm thinking of giving away to the
local HSM group. I haven't looked at in at least 4 years.

Doug White

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus1280 wrote:

MSC website is UNUSABLE.

MSC and Grainger both stink all to hell.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-03-06, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus1280 wrote:

MSC website is UNUSABLE.

MSC and Grainger both stink all to hell.

Yes, Grainger sucks, too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote:

Times when I'm working on a project and place several small orders, seems
they send me a catalog. Maybe it's triggered by quantity of orders placed
and not dollars spent.

Heck I order stuff twice a week at work on a slow week. It took 3 years to get a catalog.
This might be affected by the fact that there are at least 20 people here buying from
them. I have to think I'm a power buyer though. McMaster is my first place I look to
since the lady that has to process purchase requests is overloaded. If I can get
everything I want from one source vs using 3 others that might be cheaper, I'm going to
use the has it all source. Btw, even though I don't have a work account with MC I can
create an order and forward it to the lady that does. She then orders it. I loose the
ability to have a history or track shipments but it makes my requisition an easy one for
her to execute so it normally gets taken care of same day.

Every time I look for stuff in recieving, I see at least 3 different MC shipments for
different people. Trust me, combining shipments to save on shipping would not be cost
effective. We tried that once.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-03-06, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus1280 wrote:

MSC website is UNUSABLE.

MSC and Grainger both stink all to hell.

Yes, Grainger sucks, too.

I LOVE Grainger! They have opened on Sunday and delivered parts I needed to run OT.
Often, I get stuff the same day in a couple of hours and I get a good discount off of
catalog prices. They have a warehouse about 5 miles away. McMaster delivers the same
day too but they won't open for me 24/7 like Grainger will.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

om...
On 2011-03-06, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus1280 wrote:

[...]

I guess I should have saved them over the years, we get at least two a year with 4
people buying from them.

The important thing about travel in foreign lands is that it breaksthe speech habits and makes you blab less, and breaks the habitualspace-feeling because of different village plans and different landscapes. Itis less important that there are differe [email protected] Woodworking 2 March 5th 08 02:17 AM
very important pcmax Home Repair 0 January 21st 08 01:42 PM
very important pcmax Electronics Repair 0 January 18th 08 07:12 PM
Nothing is more important [email protected] Home Repair 1 October 19th 07 04:56 AM
I want to ask you the most important Dave Metalworking 1 May 25th 05 03:47 PM