Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I have arrived, recieved a McMaster Carr catalog in my most recent shipment

Damn, you must have to spend at least 7000 bucks a year to get that catalog.

Today, in my box of stuff at work, there is a catalog, the first time in years of ordering
from them.

I'm special, I'm a made man now.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 18:51:57 -0500, Wes
wrote:

Damn, you must have to spend at least 7000 bucks a year to get that catalog.

Today, in my box of stuff at work, there is a catalog, the first time in years of ordering
from them.

I'm special, I'm a made man now.

Wes

I get one every year. Guess I'm even better n you

Last year, Julie put the old one on Craig's list. Took a whole hour to
give it away.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-03-04, Wes wrote:
Damn, you must have to spend at least 7000 bucks a year to get that catalog.

Today, in my box of stuff at work, there is a catalog, the first time in years of ordering
from them.

I'm special, I'm a made man now.

Wes

Wow!

I have MUCH MORE RESPECT for you now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this is awesome.

I am not getting any catalogs, but I picked up a few at bankrupt
companies for free, I give them to my friends as bedtime reading.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-03-04, Wes wrote:
Damn, you must have to spend at least 7000 bucks a year to get that catalog.

Today, in my box of stuff at work, there is a catalog, the first time in years of ordering
from them.

I'm special, I'm a made man now.

Wes

Wow!

I have MUCH MORE RESPECT for you now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this is awesome.

I am not getting any catalogs, but I picked up a few at bankrupt
companies for free, I give them to my friends as bedtime reading.

Considering how good the McMaster web site is, I don't really care if I
have a hardcopy catalog.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:
Considering how good the McMaster web site is, I don't really care if I
have a hardcopy catalog.

Exactly! I few years ago I actually bought one on eBay, but I now don't
care if I ever have one again.

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Damn, you must have to spend at least 7000 bucks a year to get that
catalog.

Today, in my box of stuff at work, there is a catalog, the first time in
years of ordering
from them.

I'm special, I'm a made man now.

Wes

I got a hardcover from Northern Tools two years ago, and felt special. You
musta fit some niche, and there you go. Isn't it a pity it's already
obsolete and full of mistakes?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Damn, you must have to spend at least 7000 bucks a year to get that
catalog.

Today, in my box of stuff at work, there is a catalog, the first time in
years of ordering from them.

I'm special, I'm a made man now.

They used to have a pile of them free for the taking at the will call desk.

But that was a few years ago, and they do have that awesome website, but a
website just ain't the same as paging through a paper catalog. :-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Damn, you must have to spend at least 7000 bucks a year to get that
catalog.

Today, in my box of stuff at work, there is a catalog, the first time in
years of ordering
from them.

I'm special, I'm a made man now.

We get 2 per year--usually sell at least one on ebay.

Since product offerings don't change much year to year and I've never
encountered a discontinued item I see no huge reason to always have the very
newest issue at hand.

The catalog is an easier browse if I'm looking for something I haven't
ordered previously--get a part number then order through the site....but on
repeat stuff their order history page rocks.

McMaster-Carr Catalog #100 available Bruno Metalworking 0 May 2nd 08 08:15 PM
MCMASTER-CARR Catalog number 1 Randy Metalworking 15 April 7th 08 11:23 PM
The new mcmaster carr catalog is here..... yourname Metalworking 4 February 1st 06 10:05 PM
#98 McMaster Carr Catalog Bob Chilcoat Metalworking 4 February 23rd 05 12:14 AM
FA: McMaster-Carr Catalog Scott S. Logan Metalworking 0 January 25th 05 01:45 PM