Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default MCMASTER-CARR Catalog number 1

After the mcm-c bitch post I looked at ebay auctions, catalog #46 was
from 1939. When did they start with #1?

McMaster-Carr Supply Co. Catalog No. 46 copyright 1939
Item number: 130205182229

That catalog would sure be neat to page through, but I ain't paying
$500.00 bucks for it. Must be a real diehard old book collector.

What's the oldest Catalog anyone here has? I think I have a #99 if I
didn't thow it out.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Randy" wrote in message
After the mcm-c bitch post I looked at ebay auctions, catalog #46 was
from 1939. When did they start with #1?

McMaster-Carr Supply Co. Catalog No. 46 copyright 1939
Item number: 130205182229

That catalog would sure be neat to page through, but I ain't paying
$500.00 bucks for it. Must be a real diehard old book collector.

What's the oldest Catalog anyone here has? I think I have a #99 if I
didn't thow it out.

Thank You,
Randy

holy crap! i have a #99. i thought it was onehundredandsomething. i
wouldn't even consider this #99 "old", not at all, but maybe i'm deluding
myself.

b.w.

(when i first got this #99 i remember reading it in bed wishing i had some
magic account with them and could have anything i wanted from it.)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Randy writes:

What's the oldest Catalog anyone here has?

I have a papyrus version. Everything in it is either stone or bronze.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

William Wixon wrote:
"Randy" wrote in message

After the mcm-c bitch post I looked at ebay auctions, catalog #46 was
from 1939. When did they start with #1?

McMaster-Carr Supply Co. Catalog No. 46 copyright 1939
Item number: 130205182229

That catalog would sure be neat to page through, but I ain't paying
$500.00 bucks for it. Must be a real diehard old book collector.

What's the oldest Catalog anyone here has? I think I have a #99 if I
didn't thow it out.

Thank You,
Randy

holy crap! i have a #99. i thought it was onehundredandsomething. i
wouldn't even consider this #99 "old", not at all, but maybe i'm deluding
myself.

b.w.

(when i first got this #99 i remember reading it in bed wishing i had some
magic account with them and could have anything i wanted from it.)

I've got an #88 around here somewhere. Unless I chucked it when I got
the #107.

I just had a #114 land on my bench at work, courtesy of our supply
guy. We don't order from them, but somehow ended up on the mailing list.
It's a pretty handy reference tool. You can get anything, if you know
what to call it when you ask.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard J Kinch wrote:

Randy writes:

What's the oldest Catalog anyone here has?

I have a papyrus version. Everything in it is either stone or bronze.

Ok! What is this? "Can You Top This"
(if youre old enough to remember the radio program)
...lew...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message
Richard J Kinch wrote:

Randy writes:

What's the oldest Catalog anyone here has?

I have a papyrus version. Everything in it is either stone or bronze.

Ok! What is this? "Can You Top This"
(if youre old enough to remember the radio program)
...lew...

i'm not old enough to remember that. i just figured this was the "who has
the oldest mcmaster catalog ****ing contest", as per most every other thread
on usenet. this is one of the very few threads that i can compete in.

b.w.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan Dan is offline

It's a pretty handy reference tool. You can get anything, if you know
what to call it when you ask.

Exactly. If my wife worked there everything would be called a thingy.
Can you imagine what that catalog would look like? LOL.
I think that is why I use the online catalog. Searching seems to take
lots less time.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 02:58:30 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Dan@
(Dan ) quickly quoth:

It's a pretty handy reference tool. You can get anything, if you know
what to call it when you ask.

Exactly. If my wife worked there everything would be called a thingy.
Can you imagine what that catalog would look like? LOL.
I think that is why I use the online catalog. Searching seems to take
lots less time.

I'll give you a million to one odds that you couldn't get her to sit
down with the catalog, as we would, and look up the part she's trying
to describe. 10M:1 you wouldn't be able to the second time.

Wimmenfolk just ain't into tool porn like we are.

--
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what
to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

Wimmenfolk just ain't into tool porn like we are.

Obviously you've never met my lady blacksmith friend, Phlip. She can
drool over a tool catalog quite well.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

Wimmenfolk just ain't into tool porn like we are.

Obviously you've never met my lady blacksmith friend, Phlip. She can
drool over a tool catalog quite well.

He's also never met my wife. She arrived with all of her grandfather's
tools, including a 75 pound anvil and a selection of sledge hammers
going up to 24 pounds. He was a mason, and a craftsman of the old
school. She can run my mill and my lathe. Every time we drive past a
hardware store, we both start chanting "hardware, hardware!" She gets
upset if I go to the local hardware/tool stores and she can't come along.
She's buying me a new hacksaw for my birthday. She doesn't bat an eye
when I spend several hundred dollars a month on tools & target shooting
stuff. She just made the All Star Team in the Greater Boston Pistol
League, and last year she took the High Woman trophy in the Eastern Mass
Rifle League (200 yard highpower). I gave her a new rifle (in purple)
for our anniversary last year & she loves it.

I am a very lucky man. It took me almost 30 years to find her, but it
was worth the wait.

Doug White

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 14:07:50 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, John
Husvar quickly quoth:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

Wimmenfolk just ain't into tool porn like we are.

Obviously you've never met my lady blacksmith friend, Phlip. She can
drool over a tool catalog quite well.

Good, an exception! Give her a hearty pat on the back for me.

--
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what
to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
-- George S. Patton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 14:21:19 GMT, (Doug White)
wrote:

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

[...]

Ah..does she have a sister????

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dan Dan is offline

I am a very lucky man. It took me almost 30 years to find her, but it
was worth the wait.

Good for you Doug, but I wouldn't trade my wife for ALL the tools at
McMaster-Carr....never.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 20:07:06 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Dan@
(Dan ) quickly quoth:

I am a very lucky man. It took me almost 30 years to find her, but it
was worth the wait.

Good for you Doug, but I wouldn't trade my wife for ALL the tools at
McMaster-Carr....never.

That remains to be seen, seein' as -you- thought up that trade to
begin with. titter

--
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what
to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
-- George S. Patton

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 14:21:19 GMT, (Doug White)
wrote:

wrote:
In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately, no. If you need a promising search algorithm, try to find
alumnae of the MIT collegiate pistol team.

Doug White

The new mcmaster carr catalog is here..... yourname Metalworking 4 February 1st 06 10:05 PM
#98 McMaster Carr Catalog Bob Chilcoat Metalworking 4 February 23rd 05 12:14 AM
mcmaster carr 111 williamhenry Metalworking 0 February 1st 05 11:31 PM
Free McMaster-Carr catalog, pickup only, N Cal. Jim Stewart Metalworking 1 January 30th 05 12:36 AM
FA: McMaster-Carr Catalog Scott S. Logan Metalworking 0 January 25th 05 01:45 PM