Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Five dolaar ObamaGas by summer $5

Soft coal emits Thorium. Hard coal doesn't. It is a matter of filtration.

"Nukes" use skilled and highly trained workers. Lower number of low
level workers.

We had a breeder up and running - in fact more than one. They were
small (relative) demonstration units. Oak Ridge had one. I toured it.

With the breeder up and running the 'spent' fuel could be burned and
with other materials make new fuel. It itself generates power as well.

A movie killed the whole program. Hollywood was run by anti-nuke people
for a while. e.g. 'melt a hole to the center of the earth' "China
Syndrome" etc.

Martin

On 2/27/2011 6:32 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 04:54:52 -0600, wrote:

"Tom Gardner"tg@tg,com wrote:

Let me rephrase. "Of course radicals abhor nuclear power." Why are all the people
that work on nukes liberals? Seems an awful broad statement not grounded in fact but
you injected politics. I admit my bias, do you?

coal companies abhor nukes is a more accurate statement

I still can't believe that liberals have allowed coal companies to
stay in business. I firmly believe that more pollution (CO2 and other
extremely hot gases if nothing else) comes from them than anything
else in the world.

Unions hate nuke, too, because they use far fewer workers.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" tg@tg,com wrote:

Let me rephrase. *"Of course radicals abhor nuclear power." *Why are all the people
that work on nukes liberals? *Seems an awful broad statement not grounded in fact
but
you injected politics. *I admit my bias, do you?

coal companies abhor nukes is a more accurate statement

I still can't believe that liberals have allowed coal companies to
stay in business. I firmly believe that more pollution (CO2 and other
extremely hot gases if nothing else) comes from them than anything
else in the world.

Unions hate nuke, too, because they use far fewer workers.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *--Jack London

They still have unions that insist on one union member to turn a bolt clockwise and a
different union member to turn it counter-clockwise and another union member to hand
the bolt turner a wrench. *And, another member to supervise, and another to supervise
the supervisor and another union member to file a grievance for something or another.
Good thing unions hold classes for their members to teach them how to do without any
feeling of accomplishment.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 28, 1:20*am, "Tom Gardner" uig@fgt wrote:

They still have unions that insist on one union member to turn a bolt clockwise and a
different union member to turn it counter-clockwise and another union member to hand
the bolt turner a wrench. *And, another member to supervise, and another to supervise
the supervisor and another union member to file a grievance for something or another.
Good thing unions hold classes for their members to teach them how to do without any
feeling of accomplishment

Do you care to back *ANY* of that up with actual facts, or do you just
want to spew rhetoric?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
On Feb 28, 1:20 am, "Tom Gardner" uig@fgt wrote:

They still have unions that insist on one union member to turn a bolt clockwise and
different union member to turn it counter-clockwise and another union member to hand
the bolt turner a wrench. And, another member to supervise, and another to supervise
the supervisor and another union member to file a grievance for something or
another.
Good thing unions hold classes for their members to teach them how to do without any
feeling of accomplishment

Do you care to back *ANY* of that up with actual facts, or do you just
want to spew rhetoric?
*************

I'm studying to become a liberal...so I can get all the free stuff!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 28, 8:58*pm, "Tom Gardner" wrote:
"rangerssuck" wrote in message

On Feb 28, 1:20 am, "Tom Gardner" uig@fgt wrote:

They still have unions that insist on one union member to turn a bolt clockwise and
different union member to turn it counter-clockwise and another union member to hand
the bolt turner a wrench. And, another member to supervise, and another to supervise
the supervisor and another union member to file a grievance for something or
another.
Good thing unions hold classes for their members to teach them how to do without any
feeling of accomplishment

Do you care to back *ANY* of that up with actual facts, or do you just
want to spew rhetoric?
*************

I'm studying to become a liberal...so I can get all the free stuff!

Tom, your input to this conversation is all but useless.All you have
is polarized hatred for the other side. Earlier (like a couple of days
ago), when it was pointed out that you were pretty much completely
wrong about nuclear waste, you just ignored it and moved on to this
most recent bull**** statement.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth
and remove all doubt. Or, you missed a perfect opportunity to keep
your mouth shut.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John R. Carroll wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:
[...]

Here is something that's rolling out today.

http://www.hyperionpowergeneration.com/product.html

Bloom Energy is also worth looking at but their product isn't nuclear.

Yeah. I got interested in Bloom last year. Remember?

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 1, 4:33*pm, CaveLamb wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:
[...]

I do remember discussing Bloom's fuel cells a while back. Quite
interesting.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:
Agree 100%. Perhaps if gas was $15/gal as it is in some other parts of
the world, we could get some actual progress on fuel effeciency,
including better mass transit.

NOT as long as the idiots in Wash. mandate that every
auto must be armored like a tank. :-(
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" tg@tg,com wrote:

[...]

It sounds like the Ohio Brush Company needs an union.

TMT