Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default George Bush was right

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:29:20 -0600, Boris Kapusta
wrote:

He said that if Iraq was liberated, democracy would spread throughout
the Middle East. So today we see evidence of that happening in Egypt.
Meanwhile Obamahelps to search up Cliff's ass for bin Laden and his
WMD.

Actually, you are most probably going to see the rise of the Muslim
Brotherhood in Egypt and the rise of radical Islam all across the
Middle East. It's called "karma" and it's sure as hell why you don't
go willy nilly invading soverign foreign countries (Iraq) like George
Bush decided to do. It sort of upsets the apple cart of normal
precedents of international law thereby ****ing people off. Idiot GWB
probably started WWIII.
Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

He said that if Iraq was liberated, democracy would spread throughout
the Middle East. So today we see evidence of that happening in Egypt.
Meanwhile Obamahelps to search up Cliff's ass for bin Laden and his
WMD.

Actually, you are most probably going to see the rise of the Muslim
Brotherhood in Egypt and the rise of radical Islam all across the
Middle East. It's called "karma" and it's sure as hell why you don't
go willy nilly invading soverign foreign countries (Iraq) like George
Bush decided to do. It sort of upsets the apple cart of normal
precedents of international law thereby ****ing people off. Idiot GWB
probably started WWIII.
Dave

Nature abhors a vacuum.

As in the case of any change of governments in history where one tyrant was
replaced by another by any means, the one with the most power will probably
move in to fill in the vacuum, seizing all the power, perks, privileges, and
money available.

Anyone so naive as to think that there will be a democratic revolution in
that area needs to squeeze hard enough to have their head pop free from
their colon. Surveys recently showed that the majority of the people want a
Shariah law society, holding to old standards of punishment such as
amputation of limbs and stoning to death, death to anyone who leaves the
faith, and that they basically hate Westerners and all they stand for.

But, we will be bombarded by all the Pollyannas of the press and anyone who
will stand in front of a microphone for an interview and their 2.4 minutes
of fame. Commenting on all manner of things political, and having
absolutely no knowledge of what the hell they are talking about.

Who do you think is going to flow into the vacuum in Egypt that has control
over the $$$$ oil exports? I'm not betting on the democracy loving
progressive liberal student crowds. I'm betting on the Muslim Brotherhood.
And if there are any gains by the young democracy crowd, watch as they are
killed just like Sadat and the others. Done in broad daylight.

Any deals made with the Muslim Brotherhood are worth the paper they're
written on. Wait, less than that. To them, lying in an international
agreement and violating treaties carries as much remorse as lying to a pig
or a dog, what they consider anyone who is not of the Islamic faith to be.
Devoid of any soul, to be used, killed, lied to, or whatever will advance
Islam.

This is the beginning of the unraveling, folks.

It would be nice for true democracy to enter the region, but the people
don't want it. Islam is not democracy.

HTH, but I doubt it.

Carry on, Pollyannas.................

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ah, speaking of people who have NO CLUE what they are talking about,
Egypt is an oil Importer. Their main influence on oil is that a huge
quantity of it passes through the Suez canal.

I'm not betting on the democracy loving
progressive liberal student crowds. I'm betting on the Muslim Brotherhood.

That may be because all you know about the politics of region comes from
Glen (bat**** crazy) Beck. The Muslim Brotherhood is a significant
minority party. They seem to draw about 30% support in most polls.

And if there are any gains by the young democracy crowd, watch as they are
killed just like Sadat and the others. Done in broad daylight.

Any deals made with the Muslim Brotherhood are worth the paper they're
written on. Wait, less than that. To them, lying in an international
agreement and violating treaties carries as much remorse as lying to a pig
or a dog, what they consider anyone who is not of the Islamic faith to be.
Devoid of any soul, to be used, killed, lied to, or whatever will advance
Islam.

This is the beginning of the unraveling, folks.

It would be nice for true democracy to enter the region, but the people
don't want it. Islam is not democracy.

Nor is Catholicism, or many other western religions.

HTH, but I doubt it.

Carry on, Pollyannas.................

Keep watching Beck, I suppose somebody has to.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stuart Wheaton" wrote

Ah, speaking of people who have NO CLUE what they are talking about, Egypt
is an oil Importer. Their main influence on oil is that a huge quantity
of it passes through the Suez canal.

I bow to your obviously more massive brain than mine, but nonetheless, the
point is the same. Petrodollars no matter if it is from production or
confiscatory taxation for transportation.

You missed the point. The Golden Rule applies. He who has the gold makes
the rules.

Glen Who?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"john B." wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:38:15 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

But what is a "true democracy"?

The People's Republic of China have elections, but you call them
communists; there were elections, under Soeharto, in Indonesia but you
called it a dictatorship; In the U.S. Jackson(in 1824), Tilden(in
1876), Cleveland(in 1888) and Gore(in 2000) received the majority of
the peoples votes and were not installed as president, but you call it
a democracy.

What is a "true democracy"?

Certainly not politics Egyptian style that the press is rancoring about.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"john B." wrote

I haven't been following the Egyptian affair with any great diligence
but I have noticed that mention of "The Moslem Brotherhood" is
frequent heard and it has been my recollection that previously they
were considered as Moslem fundamentalists. Now I hear Obama extolling
the rise of democracy in Egypt.

Has the leopard changed its spots?

No, Barry just wears the spots laid out by him by his controllers every
morning. Subject to change several times a day, in fact.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 21:38:02 -0800, Hawke
wrote:

Do you think that kind of **** is going to fly in the 21st century? With
Twitter, Facebook, Google, the internet, and all the social networking
happening around the world how popular are those kind of Muslim
fundamentalists going to be with the majorities in most countries? Not
very, if you ask me.

Most in the Muslim World actually WANT fundamentalist sharia law
governments. At least they want them until they have actually lived
under them for some years, say, like the Iranians. Then they find out
that a theocracy is oppresive and Muhammad's Utopian vision of
theocratic government is unworkable as a practical matter.

For instance:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/bc459dfc-3...44feabdc0.html

One recent Pew opinion poll showed 80 per cent support in Egypt for
the idea that adulterers should be stoned, the kind of figure that
bolsters the fears of those who worry that Facebook Egypt will be
outvoted by fundamentalist Egypt.

Hundreds of years ago most Muslims thought just like that and they made
everyone covert to their way of thinking or die. That's not going to
work now. They don't have the armies to force Islam on anyone. When you
give people the choice most of them aren't going to throw out one
dictator and put another one in his place. Fundamentalist Muslims are
not going to win much of anything anywhere there are free elections.
That's just the way it is. Only in the most backward places with the
most ignorant people will that kind of thinking be accepted. Too bad for
the fundamentalist Muslims. I feel sorry for them. As long as they live
they're never going to get what they want. They'll always be a small
minority. Once people get to run their own country they don't want to
give it up very easily.

Hawke

Quoting you: "Only in the most backward places with the most ignorant
people will that kind of thinking be accepted."

For instance:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/bc459dfc-3...44feabdc0.html

This is a country where 44 per cent of the population is illiterate or
semi-literate and where 40 per cent live on less than $2 a day. Low
wages, rising food prices and high youth unemployment mean that there
are plenty of frustrated people, whose voices will now be heard in a
freer political climate. The government is already running a big
budget deficit, so has few resources to buy off the discontented.

I comment:
What is likely to happen is that the Muslim Brotherhood, really the
only organized political force in the country other then the army,
will garner power in any election and then "jihad" against its
opposition (use intimidation, threats, and violence...like when they
assassinated Anwar Sadat) until it is in complete control of the
country. Once the Muslim Brotherhood's Mullahs are in place,
elections under the sharia law model only allow for the election of
puppet stooges who must obey the Mullah's final authority, i.e., a
THEOCRACY. Look at Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Iran. Sure he's the elected
president....but can he challange the supreme leader Ayatollah Ali
Khamenei? Nope.

Egypt is going to turn into a disaster area. Maybe the Muslim
Brotherhood will destroy the entirety of the ancient Egyptian cultural
artifacts. They might rule all of that as "idols" like the Taliban did
with the ancient Bhuddahs in Afghanistan and destroy it. I can't
imagine that the average Egyptian will stand for that, but the Mullahs
will rule the army by that time and will kill any who oppose them.
Such is theocracy.
Dave