Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Further adventures with CCMT

Making a fixture from a piece of stainless. RPM @720, feed @.050 DOC
5 thousandths. Nice finish, with the chain ripples from the drive belts.
Not up to placing my Fenner belt on yet.

I resisted the urge to grab the flailing swarf... don't even try to snag
it with a pair of tin snips... No injury today. No parts flying away
from the chuck.

Have to replace one of the tailstock adjustment hex screws. The hex
portion was rounded out while attempting to make adjustment with the
tailstock tightened down. An M18 bolt beats an M8 screw every time its
tried.