Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Global Warming Explained

On 1/19/2011 7:06 PM, John R. Carroll wrote:

An understanding of how the US military operated over 35 years ago isn't
necessary.
Your health care is either delivered, or not, today. Any costs incurred are
born today.
Like it or not, I can assure you that your country couldn't care less about
you, your "service" or anything else.
Most of it anyway.

You know, I can't tell you how many times I've told these right wing,
patriotic type, veterans, that they are suckers for believing the
stories told to them by the military. They always argue with me and none
of them believe me when I tell them the U.S. military has a history of
using up soldiers when they need then and then throwing them away when
they are no longer of any use. They always argue with me. And here we
are once again with another veteran telling us how he got the shaft from
the military. To this I say, wow, what a total freakin' surprise. Who
could have guessed the military would use your skills for very low pay,
get you either killed or disabled, and not be there for you when you
need their help? Golly gee, what a shocker. You guys should have known
better. You've been warned but like a bunch of idealistic children all
they had to do is wave a flag in front of you and say how much the
country needs you and away you went. Learning things the hard way isn't
much fun, is it?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/19/2011 8:58 PM, John R. Carroll wrote:
CaveLamb wrote:
Dorothy works a second job - just for Blue Cross for her and her
daughters. $800 a month. Now it's going up 60%?

That's $1200 a month...

All due respects, John, but that' ain't a viable solution.

It's worth remembering that I'm one of the guys that saw passing health care
reform as one of the most important things the Obama administration could
possible do.
There are a lot of reasons for that.
What grinds my gears is to hear people talk out of both sides of their
mouths about these things.
You can buy into the republican "free market" BS or not but once you pick
your pony, ride it.

Frankly, what should have been, and eventually will be passed into law, is
single payer coverage.
Anything beyond some set upper limit for care will be in the province of
private insurance.
Up to that point, everyone will have care and everyone will contribute.

You're a man who has seen the light and knows what is really going on.
That's rare indeed. Too bad you can't make anyone else understand, isn't it?

Hawke