Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interesting new development for us 4-eyed folk... electronic focusinglens

This is rather interesting, glasses that can be switched from bi-focal
to regular lens in milliseconds, either manually or automatically.

Price, according to demonstrator, will carry a 'slight' premium over
blended lenses in a high quality frame. Probably won't see these on
Zenni anytime soon....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buLnHrBDCao

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:32:35 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

This is rather interesting, glasses that can be switched from bi-focal
to regular lens in milliseconds, either manually or automatically.

Price, according to demonstrator, will carry a 'slight' premium over
blended lenses in a high quality frame.

Yeah, "only" a couple grand more than the normal $600/pair for those
damnable progressive lenses.

Probably won't see these on Zenni anytime soon....

g I reckon not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buLnHrBDCao

Tres chic!

--
You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will
preserve for our children this, the last best hope
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
This is rather interesting, glasses that can be switched from bi-focal
to regular lens in milliseconds, either manually or automatically.

Price, according to demonstrator, will carry a 'slight' premium over
blended lenses in a high quality frame.

Yeah, "only" a couple grand more than the normal $600/pair for those
damnable progressive lenses.

Probably won't see these on Zenni anytime soon.... *

g I reckon not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buLnHrBDCao

Tres chic!

--
You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will
preserve for our children this, the last best hope
of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take
the last step into a thousand years of darkness.?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Ronald Reagan

Wasn't Elvis Costello wearing a prototype of these years ago?