Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Myth of the Texas Economy

Yes Cliffy you are right Texas is in deep trouble. The smart thing
for you and anyone else of your mental capacity is to stay away from
Texas. No economic powerhouse here, no jobs here, just blowing sand
and starving animals. Your best place to stay or go to would be New
York or California. Economically Texas is doomed. New York and
California need more illegals to help out their economy. They need
more environmental regulations. They need to borrow more money. They
need to forget God. They need to disarm their citizens. They need to
do the exact opposite of what a Texan would do. Do not even visit,
you might pick up a bad habit. I would rather you live in bliss than
this Hell Hole we call "Texes" . A bible verse comes to mind,
paraphrased " don't cast your pearls to the swine" I would assume
that is pearls of wisdom in your case. People here will probably
never listen to you, so your pearls are only wasted here. Please post
your thoughts somewhere else where your giant brain can be of use.
Fidel or Hugo might just bow down to you. Your wisdom is needed in
other places, do not spread yourself so thin. Concentrate your power

where is needed, do not waste your time at rec.crafts.metalworking
or in Texas.

Scott in Texas

Ignore all nut jobs, of which Cliffy is one of the biggest.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/10/2011 1:19 PM, jano wrote:

Yes Cliffy you are right Texas is in deep trouble. The smart thing
for you and anyone else of your mental capacity is to stay away from
Texas.snip

If this were Craigslist, that would get a Best Of nomination!

Jon

where is needed, do not waste your time at rec.crafts.metalworking
or in Texas.

Scott in Texas

I hate to admit it but you're right. Texas sucks. You can have it. I've
lived in Dallas and in El Paso so I know, Texas sucks. Only the
desperate go there.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Martin Eastburn wrote:
Phew! - I retired back to Texas and have lived in El Paso and
the greater Dallas area for many years. You must wimp out easily.

Martin

They wimp, Martin.
So of course they wimp out easy!

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/11/2011 7:29 PM, CaveLamb wrote:
Martin Eastburn wrote:
Phew! - I retired back to Texas and have lived in El Paso and
the greater Dallas area for many years. You must wimp out easily.

Martin

They wimp, Martin.
So of course they wimp out easy!

It's not that. It's just that we've been to other places. And they're a
lot better than Texas.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 12, 12:41*am, Hawke wrote:

It's not that. It's just that we've been to other places. And they're a
lot better than Texas.

Hawke

I have lived in California. I left in 1962 because it was a terrible
place to live. I do not think it has improved.

The above is similar to your comments on Texas. I did not say where
in California I lived. I implied that all of California is the same
as the bit where I lived.

Like I said, they did not teach you to think in college. I notice you
provide no cites for most of what you say.

http://www.wavenewspapers.com/news/r.../37673589.html

California ranks next to last in states where the adult population has at least a high school education, according to a report released by the California Faculty Association at Cal State Los Angeles.

Ranking 49th out of 50 states is an indication of the state’s deteriorating educational status in recent decades, according to “California at the Edge of a Cliff,” by Thomas G. Mortenson.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/12/2011 7:16 AM, wrote:
On Jan 12, 12:41 am, wrote:

It's not that. It's just that we've been to other places. And they're a
lot better than Texas.

Hawke

I have lived in California. I left in 1962 because it was a terrible
place to live. I do not think it has improved.

The above is similar to your comments on Texas. I did not say where
in California I lived. I implied that all of California is the same
as the bit where I lived.

I've lived in California for nearly 40 years. Some places are not very
nice, that's for sure. But others are pretty good. That's why I left the
south and moved north. You may have been all over the state and think
all of it is terrible. That is an opinion you're entitled to. Just like
my lousy opinion of Texas. Do I think every inch of Texas sucks? No,
because I hear some places I've never been to, like Austin, are pretty
nice. But that doesn't change my overall view of the place. I'm entitled
to my opinion same as you.

Like I said, they did not teach you to think in college. I notice you
provide no cites for most of what you say.

You're right, I didn't learn to think in college. I learned that on my
own long before I got to college. When I was in college I took a course
of study in a specific field and completed it. But because I went to
school for so many years and over such a long time I learned far more
than just what is taught in politics. I only got my bachelor's degree in
2000. These days they make you take a lot of classes unrelated to your
degree. Here's some examples. I had to take an anthropology class on
North American Indians. I had to take a class called world food and
fiber, and another one on comparative religions. Classes like that are
what makes a well rounded person by means of the educational process. I
learned a lot of things from those classes. But over the years I also
took many other classes when I had other majors like History, English,
and Psychology. So I got a wide range of learning during my college
time. All of which is to explain why I don't give cites. It's because
most of what I write is not from places that I can give an attribution
to. I'm giving mainly opinions on things that I know about from my
overall education. Then there is the fact that this forum isn't a place
where any kind of rules are required. Citations are nice when you are
referring to something specific. I rarely do that because I don't go to
places to get information that I pass along here. If I did I would cite
where I got my facts. But I say what I think and what I know about. Like
I can say a lot about tennis, having been an owner of a tennis pro shop
and having been a certified instructor. But I would probably never give
a cite related to tennis. It's just not necessary. You either believe I
know what I am talking about from my experience or you don't. The thing
I notice about you is that you don't seem to get much out of what is
written except what the exact words say. You don't get any nuance and
don't have the ability to "read between the lines". Maybe you take
things too literally. It seems like you do because you miss everything
but the literal point. There is more than that, you know. Especially
from me.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 13, 4:11*am, Hawke wrote:

[...]

We are just different people. I try to label my opinions as
opinions. And label what those things I think of as fact as being
facts. It comes from a lifetime of working in engineering where it is
important to differentiate between what one believes and what one
knows. When analyzing a systems test failure, one has to prove that
one has either determined what caused the problem, or remove and
replace every component that might have caused the failure.

So when I read something you wrote, I take it as you wrote it. If you
express a black and white statement as Texas sucks, then I interpret
it as you believe that Texas sucks.

From what you have written I assume that I should take everything you
write as being your opinion and very likely not factual. I do that
with things that Too Many Tools , Gunner , and Cliff write.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I've lived with a Redwood forest, had 18x36' swimming pools and had
movie stars as neighbors. Both video and audio as well. I've lived
many places in the country and worked a number of them being a world
traveler. Nothing like this place and would never think of retiring
any other. Might have a house in other places, but just visit them.

Martin