Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Amazon Heads Up

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 00:15:09 -0600, "ChairMan" wrote:

In m,
Edward Hennessey spewed forth:
In general, Amazon offers some good deals.

But there is a "however" documented by recent
observations that deserves elaboration:

1. The price Amazon offered on one tool was more than 40% higher
than that obtainable at a local big box during the height of the Xmas
season.
Sure, you have to shop around but the discrepancy was whopping
if you preconceive Amazon as reliably competitive.

I always check several places, including eBay, prior to buying.
What I can't find dirt cheap on eBay, I usually find at decent prices
on Amazon, from them or their resellers. I buy more books there than
anything else, though.

2. Amazon sent me an email offering deals on certain tools it modeled
would be of interest. One tool was already in my shopping cart.
Separately checking the cart showed the tool pegged at
a figure $10 lower than their email offer.

Yeah, prices do vary week to week.

not to mention that if you buy something and the price drops within a few
days they won't honor a credit like so many others do.

Shouldn't that read "a few others" instead of "so many others"? Only a
few of the very largest stores offer that until you get up into the
"twice retail" market on luxury items.

Post-Order Price Match Policy

With the exception of TVs, we do not offer post-order price matching when an
item's price drops after you buy it. Our prices regularly change, and the
price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to
offer at the time. We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we
carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers.

They do post-order reductions on pre-print offerings of books.

--
If you're looking for the key to the Universe,
I've got some good news and some bad news.

The bad news: There is no key to the Universe.

The good news: It was never locked.
--Swami Beyondananda
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
[...]

LJ:

Certainly. But there were TWO prices for one item at the very same
time:
a higher one in their "special offer"email and the lower one in my
shopping cart.

In point 3 of the original post, the same case of TWO simultaneous
prices
for the identical product was noted.

What is the phrase, "double-dealing"?

not to mention that if you buy something and the price drops within
a few
days they won't honor a credit like so many others do.

Shouldn't that read "a few others" instead of "so many others"? Only
few of the very largest stores offer that until you get up into the
"twice retail" market on luxury items.

Researching that issue recently, many websites noted that Amazon in
the recent past had a 30-day price matching policy, which you
correctly
indicate is extinct.

My standing complaint is they don't even match their own lowest price
if
they have two or more for one thing.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Post-Order Price Match Policy

With the exception of TVs, we do not offer post-order price matching
when an
item's price drops after you buy it. Our prices regularly change,
and the
price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were
able to
offer at the time. We consistently offer competitive prices on
everything we
carry because we know low prices are very important to our
customers.

They do post-order reductions on pre-print offerings of books.

--
If you're looking for the key to the Universe,
I've got some good news and some bad news.

The bad news: There is no key to the Universe.

The good news: It was never locked.
--Swami Beyondananda

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 08:29:52 -0800, the renowned "Edward Hennessey"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Were they both offered by the exact same seller?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]