Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Eco-fee - OT rant

On Oct 12, 8:07*pm, (dan) wrote:
rangerssuck wrote in

That happened here too, cans and plastic bottles together, and all
paper together..

Maybe I wasn't completely clear (or maybe you weren't). The system
they have put in place here mixes together all of the recyclables. The
paper is mixed with the cans & bottles.

I know there are machines that
can do some of the separation automatically, but I assume there are
minimum-wage people lined up along a conveyor belt picking through a
lot of this.

Probably. *But I still wonder why you can't leave a washer, dryer,
stove or dishwasher, but you can cut them up into three or four pieces
and they are happy to take them. *Refrigerators and window AC units I
can understand, freon and all.

Here, they do appliances on special, twice a year, bulk pickup days.
But virtually all of the new appliance dealers will take the old one
away at no charge when they deliver the new appliance.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:

Here, they do appliances on special, twice a year, bulk pickup days.
But virtually all of the new appliance dealers will take the old one
away at no charge when they deliver the new appliance.

I don't want to pay for someone to deliver, if I can get a lathe and mill home from
hundreds of miles away, I can get a fridge or sofa home just fine. Free delivery is not
free. The most expensive things in life are often claimed to be free.

Washers and dryers are welcome at the scrap metal dealer near most communities. Heck,
they even pay you to give it to them.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

rangerssuck wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:03:34 -0700 (PDT):

That happened here too, cans and plastic bottles together, and all
paper together..

Maybe I wasn't completely clear (or maybe you weren't). The system
they have put in place here mixes together all of the recyclables. The
paper is mixed with the cans & bottles.

You were clear. I was just saying that my system combined some items
together that were previously kept separate.
Not as much as your system though.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.

My rant... Jim Thompson[_3_] Electronic Schematics 27 May 1st 10 07:40 AM
B&Q (OT rant) John UK diy 30 May 15th 07 11:38 PM
OT rant [email protected] UK diy 0 December 10th 06 01:03 PM
OT Rant Sam S. Home Repair 2 October 31st 05 05:37 AM
ON TOPIC (RANT) MidAmerican Extrusions (RANT) Pedro Metalworking 4 April 25th 05 11:02 PM