Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Had to draw my pistol today

well, on that note, I have to tell this one:

My friend Harold had a 1967 Cougar 390. It ran like a striped ape, but
the paint was pretty oxidized. However, he had a nice set of chromed
wheels on it that he kept shined.
Except one neighborhood cat selected the left rear wheel as his
nightly urinal. Harold had a hard time keeping that one wheel from
rusting. Once he figured out what was up, he came up with a solution.

He laid a 2-ft x 3-ft piece of aluminum screen wire on the ground by the
wheel, cut the end off an extension cord and clipped one end to the
bumper, the other to the screen wire, plugged in to a wall outlet, and
retired to watch the news.
About the time the weather came on, they heard a banshee wail from
the driveway. end of problem.

On 9/7/2010 7:39 PM, Robert Swinney wrote:
My Dad used to tell this doggie story: Once when my Mom had some sort of prized rose bush a certain
dog decided it was his private ****ing territory - always the same rose bush. Dad, drove a ground
rod at the base of the bush and tied one side of 110 V ac to the rod. The the other side of the
line was connected to several thin strands of bare copper and draped carefully over the bush. It
was said the offending dog left the area on three legs, never to return again.

What you did sounds like the right thing in the situation, I'm not second
guessing you. I might shoot at them if they came on my private property,
and followed me growling, but not otherwise. I'm just thinking that these
dogs will probably follow and growl at someone that's not armed, and they
will probably run from the dogs, and the dogs will probably attack them.
would think a little tear gas or pepper spray, or a nice club, would be
handy for those on the trails.

RogerN

It might. There was a big black chow that chased me every day on my
paper route as a kid, snapping at my feet and ankles -- I was on my
bike. One day I loaded a squirt gun with household ammonia and
squirted him in the face when he came after me.

I only had to do that once.

I had a dog chasing my car and I was afraid I was going to run over him. I
tied a burlap bag on my rear wheel and drove slowly by. The dog grabbed the
burlap bag and I couldn't get stopped quick enough. The dog got whipped
over and over and when I got stopped he got his teeth out of the bag and
left the scene at a rate much faster than his normal speed. He never chased
my car again.

--
I can see November from my front porch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RBnDFW wrote:

well, on that note, I have to tell this one:

My friend Harold had a 1967 Cougar 390. It ran like a striped ape, but
the paint was pretty oxidized. However, he had a nice set of chromed
wheels on it that he kept shined.
Except one neighborhood cat selected the left rear wheel as his
nightly urinal. Harold had a hard time keeping that one wheel from
rusting. Once he figured out what was up, he came up with a solution.

He laid a 2-ft x 3-ft piece of aluminum screen wire on the ground by the
wheel, cut the end off an extension cord and clipped one end to the
bumper, the other to the screen wire, plugged in to a wall outlet, and
retired to watch the news.
About the time the weather came on, they heard a banshee wail from
the driveway. end of problem.

Almost as good as the cat biting the power cord in 'National
Lampoon's Christmas Vacation'. Of course they just had a loud 'cat
noise' and moved the chair to see what was supposed to be the black
outline of the cat on the white carpet.

enough left over to pay them.