Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Had to draw my pistol today

Gunner Asch on Mon, 06 Sep 2010 22:41:42 -0700
On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 23:17:55 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 18:24:51 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

This is not to say that there are not dangerous dogs, but almost all
of them are more bark than bite and are cautious about attacking
someone who isn't afraid. I always let a dog know that I am aware of
them and make eye contact. Also call to them and try to make friends.

The one exception to this is if you run into an aggressive alpha
maile. In that case, eye contact will be read as a challenge that
must be dealt with. Standing your ground but avoiding eye contact
tells the alpha male you are not intimidated but also not a threat to
his alpha status.

I've met two dogs on the trail since the bad guys. One startled the
hell out of me by barking behind me. When I whirled, it was instantly
obvious that he was just saying "hi". He had his human at the other
end of a leash. I saw the other coming. He was free-roaming, but
when his owner saw me in the distance he called the dog and leashed
it. When we got close the dog rushed me, nearly pulling his owner off
his feet. It was a golden retreiver with a great smile and typical
golden enthusiasm. The owner was about to apologize but saw that it
wasn't necessary since I was laughing. Nearly all labs and goldens
love everybody and just naturally assume that everyone loves them.

Ayup. Ive never met a golden that was bad tempered or a one man dog, and
labs nearly the same.

If all dogs were Goldens..life would be good!

The only problem is..Goldens are getting smarter every generation..and
they may evolve past humans.

I've been told that crossing a Border Collie with a Doberman is a
bad idea. You get a dog which wants to rule the world, and is smart
enough to figure out how to pull it off.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 09/07/2010 11:58 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:

I've been told that crossing a Border Collie with a Doberman is a
bad idea. You get a dog which wants to rule the world, and is smart
enough to figure out how to pull it off.

tschus
pyotr

No comment at this time as I'm busy cleaning (adult beverage) from
my monitor.

technomaNge
--
That's fine in practice, but
it will never work in theory.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Comrade technomaNge" wrote in message
On 09/07/2010 11:58 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:

I've been told that crossing a Border Collie with a Doberman is a
bad idea. You get a dog which wants to rule the world, and is smart
enough to figure out how to pull it off.

tschus
pyotr

No comment at this time as I'm busy cleaning (adult beverage) from
my monitor.

technomaNge

I heard it was a collie and pit bull. It will tear your arm off, but then
go for help.

Steve