Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Surveillance Experts ? OT

Buerste wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ? wrote in message
m...
?
? Buerste wrote:
??
?? "Snag" ? wrote in message
?? ...
?? ?
?? ? We've got a little punk in the 'hood that likes to take stuff from back
?? ? yards and sheds , and I'm shopping for an affordable security camera
?? ? system
?? ? . A couple of weeks ago this little asshole went into my shed/shop
?? ? and took a laptop comp - my old one , not much but it was mine . Late
?? last
?? ? week a neighbor chased him out of my yard again ...
?? ? Wired or wireless , and I have a comp with extra storage for the video
?? .
?? ? Sound isn't necessary , I just want to capture and record video of any
?? and
?? ? every one who enters my yard . I want quad real-time display , and a
?? ? minimum
?? ? of 30 fps (ntsc) per channel recording capability would be nice .
?? ? --
?? ? Snag
?? ? Wannabe Machinist
?? ?
??
?? When I was getting broken into on a weekly basis I strung some .020"
?? Stainless Steel wire between some machines at ankle height and had piles
?? of
?? wire trimmings in strategic locations. The intent was to "porcupine" the
?? intruder's face. The union screamed bloody murder and made me remove
?? them.
?
?
? Inside job?
?
?

Usually a buddy of an employee. The guy on the video I had knew exactly
where to go and how to turn off the cameras. I haven't had a break in for a
very long time now.

Sounds like a good candidate to test one of your cadaver brushes. ;-)

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Phred" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:48:56 -0400, "Buerste"
scribed:

--
Snag
Wannabe Machinist

When I was getting broken into on a weekly basis I strung some .020"
Stainless Steel wire between some machines at ankle height and had piles
of
wire trimmings in strategic locations. The intent was to "porcupine" the
intruder's face. The union screamed bloody murder and made me remove
them.

Hah! I had some middle school kids grabbing my Netflix DVD's out of my
mailbox, so I put a couple of medium sized snapping mouse traps in the
box... Painted red, near the back... One kid got snapped. His mom
screamed bloody murder at me too until I explained that mail theft is
a Felony, and her little criminal was doing it... She backed off
straight away!

OBTW: I told my wonderful mail deliverer before hand so she did not
get snapped. She thought it a great idea!

Never had a problem since...

Fred III

I have a cousin that has been a Mail-Person for 20 years, she has some
STORIES! I wonder if you're on her route?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 00:15:57 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 02:50:01 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 19:14:33 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
snip
Ive got a 12gauge. One blast is all it takes.

Now Gunner's making death threats to teenagers. Very smooth.

Typical, you assume a blast in the air is not what was intended. Seems
you
have some violence issues to work out. Get therapy!

Indeed. Isnt it fascinating what a fantasy world SucksRangers lives in?

Too bad its so filled with his hate, bias and bigotry. And on top of
being mentally ill..its obvious to everyone that he is incredibly
stupid.

Pity his mother hadnt aborted him when she should have.
Im sure she has regretted that decision for many years.

Gunner

I am pro-life...but there are exceptions. Is it too late for his mommy to
abort him?

Retroactive is good. After all..its the womans choice.

Does she need to borrow a gun?

I have often wished for a retroactive vasectomy
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

The kid is THAT BAD???????????
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 19:18:17 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

Snag asked:
Inside job?

Usually a buddy of an employee. The guy on the video I had knew exactly
where to go and how to turn off the cameras. I haven't had a break in for a
very long time now.

That's when you build a self-locking cage around the video room and
engage it when the camera is turned off.

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message

[...]

That's great, Fred. Hmm, how did Mom find out?

But I gotta wonder, what would a kid want with copies of old-folks
movies?

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
-- Storm Jameson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sound isn't necessary , I just want to capture and record video of any and
every one who enters my yard . I want quad real-time display , and a minimum
of 30 fps (ntsc) per channel recording capability would be nice .

You might want to look into game cameras with IR lighting. I've never used one so take my
suggestion with caution.

I have a game camera. It does shoot night shots, but they are black
and white, unlike the daytime photos. The night time photos show the
deer in my yard eating the dropped apples, but they aren't nearly as
clear as daytime photos. Unless the camera was close to the face of
the intruder, I'm not sure you could identify the person.

RWL

Surveillance Video ATP Metalworking 10 August 23rd 10 05:54 PM
video surveillance FrankLee Home Repair 23 December 18th 07 01:43 AM
video surveillance FrankLee Home Repair 0 December 16th 07 10:43 PM
Home Surveillance Mike B. Home Repair 4 August 10th 06 03:03 PM
Home Surveillance [email protected] Home Ownership 2 August 9th 06 10:04 PM