Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default TIG Welding 6061 aluminum

I have two long aluminum bars 1/4 by 1 1/4, connected together in a
parallel configuration:

(they form a knife handle that holds the tang of a knife, sandwiched
between them).

I need to weld them together with TIG and my question is how. Again,
6061, they are 1/4" thick. What filler is best to use and what
amperage. Should I use lanthanated?