Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Oshkosh 2010. I'm pretty sure Al is on topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgM2W...layer_embedded
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Memories. I used to drive two propeller cargo planes, flew from
El Paso to Oakland (at night) DC-4. Then got on a big plane, a 4 prop
and flew for 11 hours and landed in Hawaii. Got to eat at The Chinese
restaurant (now burned down - rats) Got up early and flew for another
11 1/2 hours to land on a .7 mile long runway - stayed there for almost 3
years. Had a Connie fly to Oz - then back home by prop and made the Maiden
flight out of El Paso to "Greater Southwest" - the first flight of a 707 !

Cool movie. - I've 'touched' U2's and a flight of Canberra. Lots of
flying bumble bees (twice a week when ramping up then once a week.)
Had custom duel push/pull planes - 2 seater - C-130 a couple of times.

The U2 landed because of a Typhoon changed direction and forced it down.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgM2W...layer_embedded
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgM2W...layer_embedded

Good enough for me. I attended the show from 1987 to 1996. For a number of years post
marriage, my in laws came with us. That ended in 95 since her father committed suicide
7/3/96. My now ex and I made the 96 show. The marriage fell apart after that for many
reasons.

The father in law loved the show. He once owned an Aeronca with another brother. Not
sure which one. One of his brothers had the misfortune to hit cumulo granite in a P-80.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockhee..._Shooting_Star

The first few years I resented the in-laws becoming part of our vacation but after we
worked out the ground rules, mom and pop, do your thing me and the wife do our thing, it
worked out pretty good. Sometimes I dumped the wife and mother in law and went out with
father in law. I just had to adapt. Two women together shopping, well there was a price
for leaving them alone.

Wish I had more vacation time but the forced change of jobs has me a bit short. EAA
Oshkosh is something I look forward to in retirement. It sure was a blast when I could
attend.

Wes

EAA # 288XXX

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgM2W...layer_embedded

Good enough for me. I attended the show from 1987 to 1996. For a number of years post
marriage, my in laws came with us. That ended in 95 since her father committed suicide
7/3/96. My now ex and I made the 96 show. The marriage fell apart after that for many
reasons.

The father in law loved the show. He once owned an Aeronca with another brother. Not
sure which one. One of his brothers had the misfortune to hit cumulo granite in a P-80.

I grew up near the Aeronca plant.

enough left over to pay them.