Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Oshkosh 2010. I'm pretty sure Al is on topic.

Memories. I used to drive two propeller cargo planes, flew from
El Paso to Oakland (at night) DC-4. Then got on a big plane, a 4 prop
and flew for 11 hours and landed in Hawaii. Got to eat at The Chinese
restaurant (now burned down - rats) Got up early and flew for another
11 1/2 hours to land on a .7 mile long runway - stayed there for almost 3
years. Had a Connie fly to Oz - then back home by prop and made the Maiden
flight out of El Paso to "Greater Southwest" - the first flight of a 707 !

Cool movie. - I've 'touched' U2's and a flight of Canberra. Lots of
flying bumble bees (twice a week when ramping up then once a week.)
Had custom duel push/pull planes - 2 seater - C-130 a couple of times.

The U2 landed because of a Typhoon changed direction and forced it down.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 8/26/2010 7:02 AM, wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgM2W...layer_embedded