Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Typical California Democrats ****ing on the taxpayers again

My wife is a teacher , and I have seen the failures of the public school
system . It all goes back to one thing - *discipline* . When the kids know
that they can do just about anything short of actual physical violence (or
the threat of same) they *will* do whatever they want .
The one biggest advantage of private schools is that they *can* discipline
the students . If Daddy sees an entire year of tuition that still must be
paid out , but junior has been expelled ... you can bet there will be
disciplinary support from parents .
But if it's not coming out of their pocket , but yours and mine , there is
no support from parents . And what we've seen is that the worst behaviour
comes from the same people that elected Obammy , those on welfare and living
in government-paid housing . Don't need much education to sign a welfare
check ... or buy groceries with an EBT card .
--
Snag
What would have happened if

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message
My wife is a teacher , and I have seen the failures of the public school
system . It all goes back to one thing - *discipline* . When the kids know
that they can do just about anything short of actual physical violence (or
the threat of same) they *will* do whatever they want .
The one biggest advantage of private schools is that they *can*
discipline the students . If Daddy sees an entire year of tuition that
still must be paid out , but junior has been expelled ... you can bet
there will be disciplinary support from parents .
But if it's not coming out of their pocket , but yours and mine , there
is no support from parents .

Kids who come from stronger families that are financially better-off tend to
have few serious discipline problems. The conservative solution is simple
and effective: Only allow those kids to go to school. Send the rest to
reform school. You can accomplish all of this by eliminating public school
altogether. How does your wife feel about that idea?

And what we've seen is that the worst behaviour comes from the same people
that elected Obammy , those on welfare and living in government-paid
housing .

Of course. Once the parents are dysfunctional, the kids tend to be
dysfunctional. As I said, the conservative solution will take care of it.

BTW, very few of those people vote. They aren't the ones who elected Obama.
It was mostly people like me.

Don't need much education to sign a welfare check ... or buy groceries
with an EBT card .
--
Snag
What would have happened if
you told your teacher to "**** off , Bitch" ???!!??

If I were you, I'd try to get my wife to teach in a better district. That's
what my wife does. You can't solve the world's problems, but you can solve
your own.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message
[...]

Spot on! I just got a shiver running down my spine. I envisioned Sister
Margret with her 3/4" diameter rubber-tipped pointer. She used to break
them regularly on the slightly unruly. "**** off, Bitch"? I can't even
imagine. Then there was the Jesuits...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
[...]

We both believe that all children deserve the opportunity for education .
We also believe that if there was corporal punishment (with oversight and
restrictions) that schools would be a better place for *ALL* - students and
staff .

And what we've seen is that the worst behaviour comes from the same
people that elected Obammy , those on welfare and living in
government-paid housing .

Of course. Once the parents are dysfunctional, the kids tend to be
dysfunctional. As I said, the conservative solution will take care of
it.

But it doesn't have to be that way !! We know children that come from that
background that are happy , well-adjusted , and good students . Peer
pressure can negate the will to learn ... especially in an area that is
heavily influenced by gangs .

BTW, very few of those people vote. They aren't the ones who elected
Obama. It was mostly people like me.

It might surprise you how many of those people vote . Major efforts by the
Dems here in Memphis has gone a long way to get them out to the polls .

Don't need much education to sign a welfare check ... or buy
groceries with an EBT card .
--
Snag
What would have happened if
you told your teacher to "**** off , Bitch" ???!!??

If I were you, I'd try to get my wife to teach in a better district.
That's what my wife does. You can't solve the world's problems, but
you can solve your own.

--
Ed Huntress

This is her last year there (Arkansas Delta , very small district) . The
plan is to start sending resumes out around late December . We believe that
there is an effort to cause this district to fold and be merged with the two
that are closest . Supervisory staff at this school has NOT supported their
teachers the last two years , students are totally out of control and the
community is ****ed . I look for a major turnover in the school board come
November .
Our hopes are that she can get a position in a school near where we have
land in north central Arkansas . Teachers we know from up there say they
don't have the kind of problems that are rampant down here .
--
Snag
Wannabe Machinist

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message

.

[...]

Well, I wish you success, and hope that your wife gets into a better
district. My wife teaches in one with an exceptionally high level of
parental involvement in the schools, and a very low single-parent rate, as
well as good incomes. It makes a huge difference. The attitude and behavior
of the parents are 90% of it.

The social problems that lead to an environment like you describe aren't
going to succumb to individual efforts or good intentions. Teachers can't
solve the social problems of a community by themselves. Unlike what
Tawwwwwwwwwm describes, it isn't a problem caused by public schools. It's
one of deep, ingrained dysfunction in the community.

--
Ed Huntress