Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default high speed spindle

I have realized that I already have a router called Bosch 1617EVS:

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1617EVS-...dp/B00004TKHV/

This is a real "no ****" powerful machine. If I can fit it near the
quill, which I cannot see any I couldn't, it would work very well. Its
speed range is 8,000 to 25,000 RPM, which is somewhat better than
16,000 to 30,000 of the "palm router". It has 1/2" and 1/4" collets,
and smaller collets are also available from, e.g.,

http://gpcollets.com/bsch_cross.html...FRQWawodhCDwTA

If I can fit it next to the quill, it will be a very decent setup. All
I would need to do is make an adapter plate.