Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Precision grinder needed

Hey Folks,
Looking for a precision grinder to grind some NiSpan (similar to
Hastalloy) with 50% nickel. Anywhere in the US will work.
Been a while since I've been here...

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:21:41 -0600, Ed Huesers
wrote:

Hey Folks,
Looking for a precision grinder to grind some NiSpan (similar to
Hastalloy) with 50% nickel. Anywhere in the US will work.
Been a while since I've been here...

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com

Rounds or flats?

http://www.alldiametergrinding.com/

One of my clients, but they do mostly rounds

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
Ed Huesers wrote:
Looking for a precision grinder to grind some NiSpan (similar to
Hastalloy) with 50% nickel. Anywhere in the US will work.
Been a while since I've been here...

Rounds or flats?

http://www.alldiametergrinding.com/

One of my clients, but they do mostly rounds

Gunner

Looks like they do a lot of centerless grinding. We need an OD/ID
grinder for thin wall tubes. I imagine the material will require flood
coolant also, making it a full blown OD/ID grinder.
Does your customer have those capabilities.

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:13:03 -0600, Ed Huesers
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
Ed Huesers wrote:
Looking for a precision grinder to grind some NiSpan (similar to
Hastalloy) with 50% nickel. Anywhere in the US will work.
Been a while since I've been here...

Rounds or flats?

http://www.alldiametergrinding.com/

One of my clients, but they do mostly rounds

Gunner

Looks like they do a lot of centerless grinding. We need an OD/ID
grinder for thin wall tubes. I imagine the material will require flood
coolant also, making it a full blown OD/ID grinder.
Does your customer have those capabilities.

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com

Very much so. And they are a very good bunch of people who are very very
good at what they do.

Give Marvin or his son (stroke moment) cant remember the guys
name..damnit...a call and see what they can do for you.

Now if you want to buy your own grinder.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tschudin-HTG400-...-/370407609451

This is an absolutely georgious machine! And one of the occasional
posters here has it for sale.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
Now if you want to buy your own grinder.....

Not that you want to hear this but I'm not about to purchase an
expensive machine in this economy.
Looks like the grinding company should work just fine. Thanks.
I haven't been around much, sorry to hear of strokes.
Take care,

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:33:17 -0600, Ed Huesers
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
Now if you want to buy your own grinder.....

Not that you want to hear this but I'm not about to purchase an
expensive machine in this economy.
Looks like the grinding company should work just fine. Thanks.
I haven't been around much, sorry to hear of strokes.
Take care,

Ed Huesers
http://www.grandshelters.com

Hey...thats a Neat Product!! I like it!

I used to live where there was snow...but....its still very cool!!!

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Precision grinder needed / igloo 'icebox'

Gunner Asch wrote:
Now if you want to buy your own grinder.....

Not that you want to hear this but I'm not about to purchase an
expensive machine in this economy.
Looks like the grinding company should work just fine. Thanks. I haven't
been around much, sorry to hear of strokes. Take care,

Hey...that's a Neat Product!! I like it!

I used to live where there was snow...but....its still very cool!!!

(Re http://www.grandshelters.com/icebox-igloo.html)

I agree, it looks like a nice product. But it might be
improved by having some attachable sled runners, so it could
be used as the bed of a sled on the way in to a campsite.

On most of the winter camping trips I've been on, we used tents.
But on one trip (in Chippewa NF, MN) we made an igloo, about the
same size as those in the grandshelters pictures. We tramped down
the snow on a few hundred square feet of lake, and after a few hours
used an old license plate to cut out blocks of snow and spiraled them
up in the same way those pictures show. With one candle burning
within and an outside temperature of about -10 F, temperature
inside the igloo was above 35 F -- much more comfortable than a tent!

--
jiw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/11/2010 9:24 PM, James Waldby wrote:

(...)

With one candle burning
within and an outside temperature of about -10 F, temperature
inside the igloo was above 35 F -- much more comfortable than a tent!

Anthropogenic Global Warming and a sizzling economy
addressed with only one product!

--Winston

fs: anyone want a Black Diamond precision drill grinder William Noble Metalworking 2 July 24th 08 12:40 PM
Old Precision Tools... Help needed! Fred Fowler III Metalworking 6 August 25th 07 06:34 PM
Proxxon precision drill/grinder FBS 115/E [email protected] Woodworking 0 October 24th 06 03:19 PM
McGraw-Edison Grinder info needed Guy Scharf Woodworking 0 August 17th 05 04:00 AM
DIY bench grinder - spindle needed John Forbes UK diy 9 February 4th 04 09:52 PM