Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pipe insulation...

Awl --

You know the insulation you put on plumbing pipes, either soft black squishy
stuff, or the lightweight hard white-ish/beige stuff, both split down the
side?

Is that stuff available *without* the split?
The use is not plumbing, btw, but rather cushioning, and at times under some
force, so any split along the side is very dicey.

I know it's available from mfr's, but I haven't been able to find it
retail/locally.

If I have to go to a "house" and buy quantity, iny recommendations? And
what is the generic classification of what I'm looking for?
I believe it is "open cell" and "closed cell" *foam* tubing -- correct?
Any other names for this stuff?

--
EA

Pipe insulation Bald eagle UK diy 2 May 1st 10 12:41 PM
Fun With Pipe Insulation DerbyDad03 Home Repair 2 April 11th 08 10:32 PM
Water pipe insulation Mel Home Repair 3 September 18th 06 03:42 AM
steam pipe insulation john wilson Home Repair 3 April 9th 06 03:07 PM
Which pipe insulation Mr Fizzion UK diy 4 September 12th 05 10:03 AM