Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interesting video on hand making knives

Not much detail, but an interesting video feature about making high-end
($2,500) kitchen knives.

http://www.wimp.com/incredibleknives/

Carla

If one person calls you an ass, laugh it off. If a dozen people who seem
to be fairly sound thinkers in most other respects call you an ass, get
fitted for a saddle. - Ancient Kung Foole Proverb
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 07:49:17 -0700, Carla Fong
wrote:

Not much detail, but an interesting video feature about making high-end
($2,500) kitchen knives.

http://www.wimp.com/incredibleknives/

Carla

If one person calls you an ass, laugh it off. If a dozen people who seem
to be fairly sound thinkers in most other respects call you an ass, get
fitted for a saddle. - Ancient Kung Foole Proverb

VERY nice!!

Thanks!!!

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wow!

The performance test was awesome (slicing the rope, etc). Not just a
pretty face.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Have you run across these how-to videos befo

http://smartflix.com/store/category/9/Knifemaking

Randy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Carla Fong wrote:

Not much detail, but an interesting video feature about making high-end
($2,500) kitchen knives.

Damn, I just partially froze a pork loin and in the mean time sharpened my butcher knife
on a diamond stone. It wasn't scary sharp but it wasn't boring dull . Slabs of meat
are easier to cut up if they are semi frozen imho.

http://www.wimp.com/incredibleknives/

If I ever buy a lotto ticket and win big, I'll buy one of his damascus knives. Pork
loin look out! His knives are pretty. I wonder if he also has a sharpening service? I'm
thinking that most people, including me, can't renew the edge he put on to the same degree
of excellence.

WEs
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 15:53:02 -0700 (PDT), Randy Haas
wrote:

Have you run across these how-to videos befo

http://smartflix.com/store/category/9/Knifemaking

Randy

Hey...thanks!

Bookmarked!!!

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Randy Haas wrote:
Have you run across these how-to videos befo

http://smartflix.com/store/category/9/Knifemaking

Randy

I've rented a few from them & my biggest complaint was/is that the
videos were too drawn out. I.e., a little content stretched to fit the
target length. For example, there was a gear-cutting video that showed
cutting tooth after tooth after tooth, when one or two would have made
the point.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I've rented quite a few on auto bodywork and found most to be very
good. It's useful to see actual paint gun motion, etc.

Randy