Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Interesting video on hand making knives

Carla Fong wrote:

Not much detail, but an interesting video feature about making high-end
($2,500) kitchen knives.

Damn, I just partially froze a pork loin and in the mean time sharpened my butcher knife
on a diamond stone. It wasn't scary sharp but it wasn't boring dull . Slabs of meat
are easier to cut up if they are semi frozen imho.

http://www.wimp.com/incredibleknives/

If I ever buy a lotto ticket and win big, I'll buy one of his damascus knives. Pork
loin look out! His knives are pretty. I wonder if he also has a sharpening service? I'm
thinking that most people, including me, can't renew the edge he put on to the same degree
of excellence.

WEs
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller