Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harbor freight tool alert

http://www.harborfreight.com/hole-sa... ampaign=2710B

Hole Saw Set on sale for $3.

I bought this set about 4 years ago. Yes, I have quite a few "Milwaukee" bi
metal cutters, but, this set has gotten me out of a pinch many, many times.
It has a lot of in-between sizes that I don't own and i carry it with me
when I go do volunteer repairs at friends homes. Just cut some holes in
vinyl siding the other day for electrical conduit. Cut hole in car
dashboard to help friend install gauges. Etc. Etc.

No, I have not tried them on metal, but for everyday 'occasional' holes this
compact little kit cannot be beat.

My $ 0.02

Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message

http://www.harborfreight.com/hole-sa... ampaign=2710B

Hole Saw Set on sale for $3.

I bought this set about 4 years ago. Yes, I have quite a few "Milwaukee" bi
metal cutters, but, this set has gotten me out of a pinch many, many times.
It has a lot of in-between sizes that I don't own and i carry it with me
when I go do volunteer repairs at friends homes. Just cut some holes in
vinyl siding the other day for electrical conduit. Cut hole in car
dashboard to help friend install gauges. Etc. Etc.

No, I have not tried them on metal, but for everyday 'occasional' holes this
compact little kit cannot be beat.

My $ 0.02

Ivan Vegvary

I agree that for occasional holes of approximate size these are good.
However, the saw cup takes some real fiddling with to get it even close
to concentric with the drill bit, Otherwise you will get a hole that is
larger than the stated diameter.
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
http://www.harborfreight.com/hole-sa... ampaign=2710B

Hole Saw Set on sale for $3.

I bought this set about 4 years ago. Yes, I have quite a few
"Milwaukee" bi metal cutters, but, this set has gotten me out of a
pinch many, many times. It has a lot of in-between sizes that I don't
own and i carry it with me when I go do volunteer repairs at friends
homes. Just cut some holes in vinyl siding the other day for
electrical conduit. Cut hole in car dashboard to help friend install
gauges. Etc. Etc.
No, I have not tried them on metal, but for everyday 'occasional'
holes this compact little kit cannot be beat.

I picked up a set of those a couple of years ago, they go on sale for that
price every month or two around here. They are okay for wood, even used one
in 1/2" hardiboard for shower fixture holes. Haven't used them in metal,
but I wouldn't expect them to last more than a millisecond for that
application.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Danniken" on Thu, 8 Jul
2010 18:04:44 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Ivan Vegvary wrote:
[...]

at that price, but two, and have spares.

pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pathetic piece of scumbag spam

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
http://www.harborfreight.com/hole-sa... ampaign=2710B

Hole Saw Set on sale for $3.

I bought this set about 4 years ago. Yes, I have quite a few "Milwaukee"
bi metal cutters, but, this set has gotten me out of a pinch many, many
times. It has a lot of in-between sizes that I don't own and i carry it
with me when I go do volunteer repairs at friends homes. Just cut some
holes in vinyl siding the other day for electrical conduit. Cut hole in
car dashboard to help friend install gauges. Etc. Etc.

No, I have not tried them on metal, but for everyday 'occasional' holes
this compact little kit cannot be beat.

My $ 0.02

Ivan Vegvary

trust me - the poster that thought they might last a millisecond in metal
was optimistic - when I tried it (on a piece of sheet stainless), there was
no cutting at all, just a glowing ring of metal where the saw blades used to
be and a mushroom shaped drill bit remnant in the center and only a slight
discoloration on the stainless from the heating - a real brand name (hilti?)
hole saw cut the stainless perfectly

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/8/2010 8:43 PM, John Doe wrote:
Pathetic piece of scumbag spam

How so?

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-09, Bill Noble wrote:

[...]

My guess is that these hole saws are made of mild steel.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 16:08:26 -0700, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote the following:

http://www.harborfreight.com/hole-sa... ampaign=2710B

Hole Saw Set on sale for $3.

I bought this set about 4 years ago. Yes, I have quite a few "Milwaukee" bi
metal cutters, but, this set has gotten me out of a pinch many, many times.
It has a lot of in-between sizes that I don't own and i carry it with me
when I go do volunteer repairs at friends homes. Just cut some holes in
vinyl siding the other day for electrical conduit. Cut hole in car
dashboard to help friend install gauges. Etc. Etc.

Yeah, they're great^H^H^H^Hood enough on wood and plastic.

No, I have not tried them on metal, but for everyday 'occasional' holes this
compact little kit cannot be beat.

I keep mine in the truck for special circumstances. But I had to buy
a real (deWally) bimetal bit for doing a lockset in a steel-clad door
last Winter. Have you (or anyone) used one of the HF bimetal sets? I
didn't even know they made them until today. http://fwd4.me/WN7

--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following