Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harbor freight tool alert

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 16:08:26 -0700, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote the following:

http://www.harborfreight.com/hole-sa... ampaign=2710B

Hole Saw Set on sale for $3.

I bought this set about 4 years ago. Yes, I have quite a few "Milwaukee" bi
metal cutters, but, this set has gotten me out of a pinch many, many times.
It has a lot of in-between sizes that I don't own and i carry it with me
when I go do volunteer repairs at friends homes. Just cut some holes in
vinyl siding the other day for electrical conduit. Cut hole in car
dashboard to help friend install gauges. Etc. Etc.

Yeah, they're great^H^H^H^Hood enough on wood and plastic.

No, I have not tried them on metal, but for everyday 'occasional' holes this
compact little kit cannot be beat.

I keep mine in the truck for special circumstances. But I had to buy
a real (deWally) bimetal bit for doing a lockset in a steel-clad door
last Winter. Have you (or anyone) used one of the HF bimetal sets? I
didn't even know they made them until today. http://fwd4.me/WN7

--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following