Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Harbor freight tool alert

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
http://www.harborfreight.com/hole-sa... ampaign=2710B

Hole Saw Set on sale for $3.

I bought this set about 4 years ago. Yes, I have quite a few
"Milwaukee" bi metal cutters, but, this set has gotten me out of a
pinch many, many times. It has a lot of in-between sizes that I don't
own and i carry it with me when I go do volunteer repairs at friends
homes. Just cut some holes in vinyl siding the other day for
electrical conduit. Cut hole in car dashboard to help friend install
gauges. Etc. Etc.
No, I have not tried them on metal, but for everyday 'occasional'
holes this compact little kit cannot be beat.

I picked up a set of those a couple of years ago, they go on sale for that
price every month or two around here. They are okay for wood, even used one
in 1/2" hardiboard for shower fixture holes. Haven't used them in metal,
but I wouldn't expect them to last more than a millisecond for that
application.

Jon