Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mill for sale, Riverside California

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1824967856.html

No relation etc etc

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1824967856.html

One fine lookin machine. knock the pants off a bridgeport. And only 1500!
Wish it was 2000 miles closer. Life ain't fair, gunner and iggy get all the
deals.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1824967856.html

No relation etc etc

Hm, this is a 10x50 mill?

``Can load in the back of your large pickup''

???
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 5, 6:14*pm, Ignoramus12110 ignoramus12...@NOSPAM.
On 2010-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1824967856.html

No relation etc etc

Hm, this is a 10x50 mill?

``Can load in the back of your large pickup''

???

Iggy, if you lived further out west, you would know there are some
VERY large pickup trucks around here.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 20:14:39 -0500, Ignoramus12110

On 2010-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1824967856.html

No relation etc etc

Hm, this is a 10x50 mill?

``Can load in the back of your large pickup''

Sure, if you drive a sweet li'l Unimog.

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1824967856.html

No relation etc etc

Hm, this is a 10x50 mill?

``Can load in the back of your large pickup''

???

Iggy, if you lived further out west, you would know there are some
VERY large pickup trucks around here.

Happy happy joy joy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unimog_U400.jpg
http://truck-photos.net.s3.amazonaws.com/581.jpg

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is
exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.
-- Pema Chodron
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1824967856.html

No relation etc etc

Hm, this is a 10x50 mill?

``Can load in the back of your large pickup''

???

Iggy, if you lived further out west, you would know there are some
VERY large pickup trucks around here.

Happy happy joy joy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unimog_U400.jpg
http://truck-photos.net.s3.amazonaws.com/581.jpg

Hell...its not uncommon around here to see a F350 with a diesel and
duelies hauling big ****..like small BOPs and whatnot. Sticking a small
lathe like that one in the back isnt any big deal.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1824967856.html

No relation etc etc

Hm, this is a 10x50 mill?

``Can load in the back of your large pickup''

???

Iggy, if you lived further out west, you would know there are some
VERY large pickup trucks around here.

Happy happy joy joy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unimog_U400.jpg
http://truck-photos.net.s3.amazonaws.com/581.jpg

Hell...its not uncommon around here to see a F350 with a diesel and
duelies hauling big ****..like small BOPs and whatnot. Sticking a small
lathe like that one in the back isnt any big deal.

Small lathe like that mill???

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1824967856.html
No relation etc etc
Hm, this is a 10x50 mill?

``Can load in the back of your large pickup''

???
Iggy, if you lived further out west, you would know there are some
VERY large pickup trucks around here.
Happy happy joy joy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unimog_U400.jpg
http://truck-photos.net.s3.amazonaws.com/581.jpg

Hell...its not uncommon around here to see a F350 with a diesel and
duelies hauling big ****..like small BOPs and whatnot. Sticking a small
lathe like that one in the back isnt any big deal.

Small lathe like that mill???

Sure. I have a '96 F350 (gas), single rear wheels. I loaded some
landscaping pavestones in it, bed-high, 2/3 of the length of the bed.
Drove home, stopped at several yard sales etc, no sweat. Later weighed
a stone, did the math, realized I was hauling over 3700 lbs. Made two
trips like that.

Now, a mill that weight would be a different load distribution, so some
work would need to be done to lower the CG. Probably would at least
break down the turret and head, lower or remove the knee. But the weight
is not a problem unless it's too high.
I've hauled a few lathes and mills, never knew they were back there.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1824967856.html

No relation etc etc

Hm, this is a 10x50 mill?

``Can load in the back of your large pickup''

???

Iggy, if you lived further out west, you would know there are some
VERY large pickup trucks around here.

Happy happy joy joy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unimog_U400.jpg
http://truck-photos.net.s3.amazonaws.com/581.jpg

Hell...its not uncommon around here to see a F350 with a diesel and
duelies hauling big ****..like small BOPs and whatnot. Sticking a small
lathe like that one in the back isnt any big deal.

Most of the F-350-600 diesel pickups around here have that damned 5th
wheel receiver in the bed, effectively ruining it for hauling any kind
of equipment like that.

--
It's also helpful to realize that this very body that we have, that's
sitting right here right now, with its aches and its pleasures, is
exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.
-- Pema Chodron

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1824967856.html

No relation etc etc

Hm, this is a 10x50 mill?

``Can load in the back of your large pickup''

???

Iggy, if you lived further out west, you would know there are some
VERY large pickup trucks around here.

Happy happy joy joy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unimog_U400.jpg
http://truck-photos.net.s3.amazonaws.com/581.jpg

Hell...its not uncommon around here to see a F350 with a diesel and
duelies hauling big ****..like small BOPs and whatnot. Sticking a small
lathe like that one in the back isnt any big deal.

Small lathe like that mill???

Got any idea how much a BOP weighs?

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

12110.invalid wrote:
On 2010-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

And sometimes you overload. My 1989 S10 I got a pallet load of pavers.
Figured I was overloading, but only going 3 miles. Night time and get home
and the front is almost off the ground and the back is almost on the ground.
Did notice it steered really easy. Their weight of 2200# for a pallet load
posted by the pavers was for a pallet 1/2 the size of the one I bought.. I
figured I had 4400# in that little truck. My 3/4 on diesel could probably
handled it easily, but the S10 surprized me with it's survival.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1824967856.html

No relation etc etc

Hm, this is a 10x50 mill?

``Can load in the back of your large pickup''

???

Iggy, if you lived further out west, you would know there are some
VERY large pickup trucks around here.

Happy happy joy joy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unimog_U400.jpg
http://truck-photos.net.s3.amazonaws.com/581.jpg

Hell...its not uncommon around here to see a F350 with a diesel and
duelies hauling big ****..like small BOPs and whatnot. Sticking a small
lathe like that one in the back isnt any big deal.

Small lathe like that mill???

Got any idea how much a BOP weighs?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

450T if its one of BP's

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/6659

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 21:17:35 +0800, "kelly" wrote:

.. .

On 2010-07-05, Gunner Asch wrote:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1824967856.html

No relation etc etc

Hm, this is a 10x50 mill?

``Can load in the back of your large pickup''

???

Iggy, if you lived further out west, you would know there are some
VERY large pickup trucks around here.

Happy happy joy joy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unimog_U400.jpg
http://truck-photos.net.s3.amazonaws.com/581.jpg

Hell...its not uncommon around here to see a F350 with a diesel and
duelies hauling big ****..like small BOPs and whatnot. Sticking a small
lathe like that one in the back isnt any big deal.

Small lathe like that mill???

Got any idea how much a BOP weighs?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

450T if its one of BP's

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/6659

Ayup..if its one of the big off shore ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqhXz6mVPTM

But they are not all that big. Many are much much smaller.

http://www.c-a-m.com/content/product...l.cfm?pid=2797

Good floor crew.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqLAL...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_mWR...eature=related