Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Celebrate our Freedoms, this fourth of July

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 21:38:25 -0700, Hawke
wrote:

I hope this message gets past the Department
of Homeland security approved internet filter.
How else can they protect us from unauthorized
thought?

Now go out and celebrate your independence and
have a great Independence Day!

what's funny is how conservatives are always going around shooting off
their mouths about how America is so great, so awesome, is the greatest
country in the history of the world. But then when I hear all your
complaints about how lousy things are all I can think is what
hypocrites. After that rant one can only take home the belief that
America really sucks. Is that what you are saying? America isn't any
good any more and the truth is it stinks here for most of us. Because if
that's what you mean I have to agree.

Hawke

Perhaps focus on what needs to be fixed and how we (as opposed to
"they") should fix it would be more productive than partisan zeolotry
in either direction.

If you don't like being an American, it is quite possible to emigrate
and it's easy to renounce your U.S. citizenship you have by birthright
if you regard it with contempt and disdain.

You might well find the politics in the UK more to your liking, though
you'd need to leave your guns and sharp blades behind. Perhaps a
minor concession.