Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chicago Gun Ban Struck Down!

" wrote:

The trendline has continued. Obama no longer has a positive approval
rating. Too many things like not suspending the Jones act so foreign
ships can help in the gulf cleanup.

One issue with the Jones act is that the most a crewman or the whole crew can claim if
hurt is the value of the vessel.

There is a likely hood that sailing into a sea of oil isn't all that safe.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Ok. If I'm still around then, we can discuss it.

I hope your health is holding up. That sounded ominous.

Wes

Oh, I expect to be alive. I was thinking about the likelihood that I'd
find
something more useful to do with my spare time. d8-)

You are a writer, you can whip out 1000 words while I'm composing a
sentence.

Uh, don't go overboard. I'm not an exceptional typist.

I wish I
was wealthy, I'd try to hire you as my editor so some of my mistakes in
writing didn't go
public. You are pretty good at proofing your stuff. I can spot
errors in other
peoples writing but I can't see it in mine until after I posted it. I'm
sure you have
noticed it at times.

Wes, fer cripe's sake, this is not a literary newsgroup. Nobody cares about
your spelling or your syntax. I don't proof my writing, and I make lots of
mistakes, particularly in number. I repeat myself. Decades of practice keeps
the first-draft errors under control, but my posts still have lots of
first-draft mistakes. And I will not write second drafts. d8-)

Speaking of sentence, tomorrow I resume my 50 years to life sentence of
having to work for
a living. It was nice having 3 and a half days off in a row.

Indeed. Part-time freelancing makes you lose appreciation for having some
unstructured time to yourself.

At least the living room tv is staying on now. I clicked on the order
button last night
for the BXA post and the tv winked out. It must be a bad solder joint,
unplugging it for
a few minutes gets me 30 minutes to 3 hours viewing time. I'm not glued
to the thing but
it masks the tinnitus. I checked to make sure I wasn't having a brown
out, it is rather
warm out today.

Or a deteriorating cap. Or something else. You need a good troubleshooter to
give you a checklist of things to look for.

It's 97 degrees here. Tomorrow will be hotter. I'm in front of an air
conditioner right now, and I'm not moving. After I patch a hole in my son's
bedroom wall, that is. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

You are a writer, you can whip out 1000 words while I'm composing a
sentence.

Uh, don't go overboard. I'm not an exceptional typist.

I can do about 36 wpm. A broken finger has added to my error count.

I wish I
was wealthy, I'd try to hire you as my editor so some of my mistakes in
writing didn't go
public. You are pretty good at proofing your stuff. I can spot
errors in other
peoples writing but I can't see it in mine until after I posted it. I'm
sure you have
noticed it at times.

Wes, fer cripe's sake, this is not a literary newsgroup. Nobody cares about
your spelling or your syntax. I don't proof my writing, and I make lots of
mistakes, particularly in number. I repeat myself. Decades of practice keeps
the first-draft errors under control, but my posts still have lots of
first-draft mistakes. And I will not write second drafts. d8-)

You are very kind. The brain flows over misspellings on one level. Teh barin flwos ovre
mspellnigs no another lveel. I hope I misspelled correctly, my spell chucker isn't going
to proof that one.

Speaking of sentence, tomorrow I resume my 50 years to life sentence of
having to work for
a living. It was nice having 3 and a half days off in a row.

Indeed. Part-time freelancing makes you lose appreciation for having some
unstructured time to yourself.

That is what I miss most about my job at eagle, I could set my work times, now I'm a wage
slave stuck in a time slot. I hate that.

At least the living room tv is staying on now. I clicked on the order
button last night
for the BXA post and the tv winked out. It must be a bad solder joint,
unplugging it for
a few minutes gets me 30 minutes to 3 hours viewing time. I'm not glued
to the thing but
it masks the tinnitus. I checked to make sure I wasn't having a brown
out, it is rather
warm out today.

Or a deteriorating cap. Or something else. You need a good troubleshooter to
give you a checklist of things to look for.

I did the check for domed caps, I'll run a soldering iron over the connections near the PS
and I need to find the damn relay that turns on power. At least this is old enough that a
sorta schematic is inside the case. Circa 1998. I suspect a LCD display might pay for
itself over time considering power consumption. I don't like prying open the wallet if I
can use my wits to avoid it.

It's 97 degrees here. Tomorrow will be hotter. I'm in front of an air
conditioner right now, and I'm not moving. After I patch a hole in my son's
bedroom wall, that is. d8-)

Outside of rolling the trash tote to the road and walking out to the car to go shopping,
I've stayed in side today. 97, yuck! I heard the east coast was getting hammered. My
air conditioner hasn't shut off since early this morning. It and it is in power save mode.

Tomorrow I have to crawl out of my cave and go to work. It is going to be hot.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

Don't let them see you sweat.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Jul 5, 1:47 pm, RBnDFW wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:

Most of us feel it's a lot better now. That's why Obama keeps having

positive approval ratings.

It's at best a dead heat.

Obama's favorable rating is still
positive. Even the Fox News poll had him at +2% as of yesterday:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo..._obama_job_app...

The trendline is what you need to be looking at. scroll down

The trendline has continued. Obama no longer has a positive approval
rating. Too many things like not suspending the Jones act so foreign
ships can help in the gulf cleanup.

Dan

if you hate the guy, that's fine, but please, let's stick to somewhat
factual stuff - the Jones act is irrelevant, oil cleanup is explicitly
excluded - please refer to the lengthy discussions on this subject on
theoildrum

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 6, 12:01*am, "Bill Noble" wrote:

The trendline has continued. *Obama no longer has a positive approval
rating. *Too many things like not suspending the Jones act so foreign
ships can help in the gulf cleanup.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Dan

if you hate the guy, that's fine, but please, let's stick to somewhat
factual stuff - the Jones act is irrelevant, oil cleanup is explicitly
excluded - please refer to the lengthy discussions on this subject on
theoildrum

Do not hate the guy. And maybe the Jones Act is irrelevant. I am
just repeating some of the things I have read. Your reply is the
first thing I have read that says the Jones Act does not apply to oil
cleanup. My response is prompted mostly by the silly bickering as to
whether Obama's approval rating is positive or negative. Some polls
have him slightly positive and some slightly negative. And it
continuously changes. It really isn't important now, but will be when
the midterm elections occur.

Dan