Andrew Barss

Default Chicago?

I'm off to the Windy City next week, and was wondering if anyone could
recommend galleries, museums etc. there. I'm particularly interested in
woodturning and modern and Art Deco furniture -

Andy Barss
Arch

Hi Andy, Others will point you toward institutions that cater to your
specific interests. I can only offer a warning. Whatever you do don't go
to the Field or Science and Industry museums. They are so exciting that
you will spend all your time in either. Have a great visit, Arch

Fortiter,

mike wall

Andy

Next Sat we have Jim Cristiansen in for an all day
(chicagowoodturners.com). As for museums and galleries that showcase
woodturners pretty much good luck. Neiman Marcus has a wood art
gallery on the top floor in the back that has Steve Sinner, Bihn Pho
works as well as works by several others for sale (real cheap - not).
There is one wood art gallery, but I don't know the name, will ask
around. There are the Science and Industry Museum, Field Museum
(natural history), Chicago Art Institute, Terra Museum of Modern Art,
Shedd Aquarium and several more place of interest as well. MP Wall
(live near work in Chicago)

Andrew Barss wrote in message ...
I'm off to the Windy City next week, and was wondering if anyone could
recommend galleries, museums etc. there. I'm particularly interested in
woodturning and modern and Art Deco furniture -

Andy Barss

Maxprop

"Arch" wrote in message news:7112-

Hi Andy, Others will point you toward institutions that cater to your
specific interests. I can only offer a warning. Whatever you do don't go
to the Field or Science and Industry museums. They are so exciting that
you will spend all your time in either. Have a great visit, Arch

Don't omit the Shedd Aquarium, Arch. Unless Andy has something against
pelagic fish and other aquatic life, that place can occupy an entire
afternoon.

Max