Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Chicago Gun Ban Struck Down!

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

You are a writer, you can whip out 1000 words while I'm composing a
sentence.

Uh, don't go overboard. I'm not an exceptional typist.

I can do about 36 wpm. A broken finger has added to my error count.

I wish I
was wealthy, I'd try to hire you as my editor so some of my mistakes in
writing didn't go
public. You are pretty good at proofing your stuff. I can spot
errors in other
peoples writing but I can't see it in mine until after I posted it. I'm
sure you have
noticed it at times.

Wes, fer cripe's sake, this is not a literary newsgroup. Nobody cares about
your spelling or your syntax. I don't proof my writing, and I make lots of
mistakes, particularly in number. I repeat myself. Decades of practice keeps
the first-draft errors under control, but my posts still have lots of
first-draft mistakes. And I will not write second drafts. d8-)

You are very kind. The brain flows over misspellings on one level. Teh barin flwos ovre
mspellnigs no another lveel. I hope I misspelled correctly, my spell chucker isn't going
to proof that one.

Speaking of sentence, tomorrow I resume my 50 years to life sentence of
having to work for
a living. It was nice having 3 and a half days off in a row.

Indeed. Part-time freelancing makes you lose appreciation for having some
unstructured time to yourself.

That is what I miss most about my job at eagle, I could set my work times, now I'm a wage
slave stuck in a time slot. I hate that.

At least the living room tv is staying on now. I clicked on the order
button last night
for the BXA post and the tv winked out. It must be a bad solder joint,
unplugging it for
a few minutes gets me 30 minutes to 3 hours viewing time. I'm not glued
to the thing but
it masks the tinnitus. I checked to make sure I wasn't having a brown
out, it is rather
warm out today.

Or a deteriorating cap. Or something else. You need a good troubleshooter to
give you a checklist of things to look for.

I did the check for domed caps, I'll run a soldering iron over the connections near the PS
and I need to find the damn relay that turns on power. At least this is old enough that a
sorta schematic is inside the case. Circa 1998. I suspect a LCD display might pay for
itself over time considering power consumption. I don't like prying open the wallet if I
can use my wits to avoid it.

It's 97 degrees here. Tomorrow will be hotter. I'm in front of an air
conditioner right now, and I'm not moving. After I patch a hole in my son's
bedroom wall, that is. d8-)

Outside of rolling the trash tote to the road and walking out to the car to go shopping,
I've stayed in side today. 97, yuck! I heard the east coast was getting hammered. My
air conditioner hasn't shut off since early this morning. It and it is in power save mode.

Tomorrow I have to crawl out of my cave and go to work. It is going to be hot.

Wes