Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interesting California Lathe

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1790396066.html

I'm shopping for one like that now.
If it were local to DFW I'd probably go haggle over it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:03:49 -0500, RBnDFW wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1790396066.html

I'm shopping for one like that now.
If it were local to DFW I'd probably go haggle over it.

Its not far from my normal work area. Maybe shipping wont eat up your
savings? Id be happy to stick it on a truck for you.

One hopes the guy has a forklift close by....

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
news
Its not far from my normal work area. Maybe shipping wont eat up your
savings? Id be happy to stick it on a truck for you.

One hopes the guy has a forklift close by....

That particular lathe showed up about two months ago, and a friend of mine
did a "jury view" on it. He's not even an experienced HSM... would have
been his first lathe. He said it had "too many problems".

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Gunner Asch fired this volley in
news
Its not far from my normal work area. Maybe shipping wont eat up your
savings? Id be happy to stick it on a truck for you.

One hopes the guy has a forklift close by....

That particular lathe showed up about two months ago, and a friend of mine
did a "jury view" on it. He's not even an experienced HSM... would have
been his first lathe. He said it had "too many problems".

Interesting. The only problem that would normally kill such a deal would
be a lot of broken gears, and bed wear.

But, at $1800 I could buy a brand new HF equivalent, hopefully in better
shape.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1790396066.html

I'm shopping for one like that now.
If it were local to DFW I'd probably go haggle over it.

Its not far from my normal work area. Maybe shipping wont eat up your
savings? Id be happy to stick it on a truck for you.

One hopes the guy has a forklift close by....

Gunner, I appreciate the offer.
If you stumble onto a nice "Martian Green" Powermatic/Logan/Houdaille,
let me know.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1790396066.html
I'm shopping for one like that now.
If it were local to DFW I'd probably go haggle over it.

Its not far from my normal work area. Maybe shipping wont eat up your
savings? Id be happy to stick it on a truck for you.

One hopes the guy has a forklift close by....

Gunner, I appreciate the offer.
If you stumble onto a nice "Martian Green" Powermatic/Logan/Houdaille,
let me know.

has several of them. Leigh at MarMachine. Sells
machine tools of both wood and metal working types to hobbyists.

Want his phone number? Or simply drop him an email. A good guy and a
personal friend of mine.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1790396066.html
I'm shopping for one like that now.
If it were local to DFW I'd probably go haggle over it.
Its not far from my normal work area. Maybe shipping wont eat up your
savings? Id be happy to stick it on a truck for you.

One hopes the guy has a forklift close by....

Gunner, I appreciate the offer.
If you stumble onto a nice "Martian Green" Powermatic/Logan/Houdaille,
let me know.

has several of them. Leigh at MarMachine. Sells
machine tools of both wood and metal working types to hobbyists.

Want his phone number? Or simply drop him an email. A good guy and a
personal friend of mine.

I emailed Leigh. The machines he had were too rough and too expensive
after freight was figured in. I told him to keep me in mind if a nicer
one came along
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/1790396066.html
I'm shopping for one like that now.
If it were local to DFW I'd probably go haggle over it.
Its not far from my normal work area. Maybe shipping wont eat up your
savings? Id be happy to stick it on a truck for you.

One hopes the guy has a forklift close by....
Gunner, I appreciate the offer.
If you stumble onto a nice "Martian Green" Powermatic/Logan/Houdaille,
let me know.

has several of them. Leigh at MarMachine. Sells
machine tools of both wood and metal working types to hobbyists.

Want his phone number? Or simply drop him an email. A good guy and a
personal friend of mine.

I emailed Leigh. The machines he had were too rough and too expensive
after freight was figured in. I told him to keep me in mind if a nicer
one came along

He runs into machinery with great regularity. Shrug.

Now to be fair..there were not a lot of the Martian Green machines
imported into California so pickings are slimmer here than in the East.

But keep touching base with him, he goes back east a lot, and up into
Oregon regularly. Hersey Truck Show fan, etc etc

Gunner

Gunner Asch