Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default Interesting California Lathe

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Gunner Asch fired this volley in
news
Its not far from my normal work area. Maybe shipping wont eat up your
savings? Id be happy to stick it on a truck for you.

One hopes the guy has a forklift close by....

That particular lathe showed up about two months ago, and a friend of mine
did a "jury view" on it. He's not even an experienced HSM... would have
been his first lathe. He said it had "too many problems".

Interesting. The only problem that would normally kill such a deal would
be a lot of broken gears, and bed wear.

But, at $1800 I could buy a brand new HF equivalent, hopefully in better
shape.