Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A letter......

Ed Huntress wrote:

It's all opinion, Dan. Boston drivers are terrible and reckless. New York
drivers are aggressive and arrogant.

Neither one compares with Paris or Rome, both of which scare the hell out of
me.

Paris was interesting, but...until I got to Athens, I thought I knew
how to drive. I suspect driving the inland highway through Yugoslavia
prepared me a little. One narrow lane each direction, no shoulder,
just a steep slope to a deep ditch on each side, 80-100 kph and people
were passing. Not me though.

Athens was one continual game of chicken.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

It's all opinion, Dan. Boston drivers are terrible and reckless. New York
drivers are aggressive and arrogant.

Neither one compares with Paris or Rome, both of which scare the hell out
of me.

Paris was interesting, but...until I got to Athens, I thought I knew how
to drive. I suspect driving the inland highway through Yugoslavia prepared
me a little. One narrow lane each direction, no shoulder, just a steep
slope to a deep ditch on each side, 80-100 kph and people were passing.
Not me though.

Athens was one continual game of chicken.

David

I've never been there, but my experiences driving in other countries always
makes me happy to go home.

--
Ed Huntress

A letter...... Sunworshipper[_3_] Metalworking 23 June 14th 10 07:56 PM
A letter...... Don Foreman Metalworking 5 June 8th 10 09:19 PM
A letter...... Up North Metalworking 1 June 8th 10 06:01 AM
Looking for laaarge letter box or letter slot James Harris[_2_] UK diy 5 November 5th 08 03:26 PM
Letter to B&Q Peter Crosland UK diy 3 February 11th 05 11:31 PM