Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default A letter......

"David R.Birch" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

It's all opinion, Dan. Boston drivers are terrible and reckless. New York
drivers are aggressive and arrogant.

Neither one compares with Paris or Rome, both of which scare the hell out
of me.

Paris was interesting, but...until I got to Athens, I thought I knew how
to drive. I suspect driving the inland highway through Yugoslavia prepared
me a little. One narrow lane each direction, no shoulder, just a steep
slope to a deep ditch on each side, 80-100 kph and people were passing.
Not me though.

Athens was one continual game of chicken.

David

I've never been there, but my experiences driving in other countries always
makes me happy to go home.

--
Ed Huntress