Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Simple Green dilution for pressure washer?

Can Simple Green Concentrate be used with a pressure washer?
Web search wasn't much help...
If so, should it be diluted?
Hope to use it with a 2700 psi pressure washer.
(Yes, Simple Green makes pressure washer cleaner, but I'm trying to use
what I've already got...)
Chet

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Chet" wrote in message
Can Simple Green Concentrate be used with a pressure washer?
Web search wasn't much help...
If so, should it be diluted?
Hope to use it with a 2700 psi pressure washer.
(Yes, Simple Green makes pressure washer cleaner, but I'm trying to use
what I've already got...)
Chet

Caution on the use of Simple Green. It has been outlawed from use on
aircraft due to corrosion traced to the use of the Simple Green. An
acceptable replacement called Extreme Simple Green has been approved.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Chet" wrote:

Can Simple Green Concentrate be used with a pressure washer?
Web search wasn't much help...
If so, should it be diluted?

How about if you spray the item to be cleaned with a low pressure
sprayer or even a mop/sponge, let it sit and then hit it with the
pressure washer.

Are you using a venturi pickup or is it coming out of a portable tank?

How important is it if a soap/detergent residue remains?

Even though they claim non-toxic, if you were to use Simple Green (or
any strong cleaner) in a way that generates a lot of mist/fine spray,
some will get into your lungs and could significantly affect the
surface chemistry. Probably not a big deal if it is way diluted but
eyes and lungs could be severely irritated if used in concentrated
form even ~ 1:10 diluted.

I'll also make a closing plug for the less famous Costco line of
cleaners - detergents and degreaser.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Chet" wrote in message
Can Simple Green Concentrate be used with a pressure washer?
Web search wasn't much help...
If so, should it be diluted?
Hope to use it with a 2700 psi pressure washer.
(Yes, Simple Green makes pressure washer cleaner, but I'm trying to use
what I've already got...)
Chet

try it. I put 1/2 gal pressure wash concentrate in a 5 gallon pail. Then
turn the soap valve on 1/2 turn. You want to see soap but not a ton.

You make get better results with simple green the way i use engine
degreaser. Spritz the dirty item with degreaser and let it sit 1/2 hour,
then pressure wash.

karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Chet writes:

Can Simple Green Concentrate be used with a pressure washer?

Simple Green is nothing but a butyl cleaner with root beer flavoring. Oh,
and a pretty color to impress the rubes. Why this is a success, when there
are 1000 other butyl cleaners on the shelves, and have been for 75 years,
is beyond me, but I suspect it has to do with getting away with making it
smell like soda pop. I wonder how many thirsty toddlers that has sickened.

Now we have the Hispanic influence getting Fabuloso cleaner on the every
shelf. Not only does this look like soda pop with its bright colors, it is
in a bottle that looks like a soft drink. Idiot consumers!

There was a time when America put food in one type of trade dress and
things not to be taken internally in another.

Next we'll have Red Devil lye in a Tic-Tac dispenser.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Chet writes:

Can Simple Green Concentrate be used with a pressure washer?

Simple Green is nothing but a butyl cleaner with root beer flavoring. Oh,
and a pretty color to impress the rubes. Why this is a success, when there
are 1000 other butyl cleaners on the shelves, and have been for 75 years,
is beyond me, but I suspect it has to do with getting away with making it
smell like soda pop. I wonder how many thirsty toddlers that has sickened.

Now we have the Hispanic influence getting Fabuloso cleaner on the every
shelf. Not only does this look like soda pop with its bright colors, it is
in a bottle that looks like a soft drink. Idiot consumers!

There was a time when America put food in one type of trade dress and
things not to be taken internally in another.

Next we'll have Red Devil lye in a Tic-Tac dispenser.

Pretty close!

But there is now a new concern, according to Connolly's team -- namely, the
melt-in-the-mouth tobacco products recently put on the market.

Tobacco companies say the products -- which come in the form of flavored,
candy-like pellets, sticks and strips -- are meant to give adults a smoke-free
way to get their nicotine fix. But they could also end up as a new route for
accidental child poisonings, Connolly and his colleagues say.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory?id=10416572

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 01:17:53 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Now we have the Hispanic influence getting Fabuloso cleaner on the every
shelf. Not only does this look like soda pop with its bright colors, it is
in a bottle that looks like a soft drink. Idiot consumers!

At least they (Mexicans) stopped putting rat poison in the little
colorful celophane wrappers like Christmas candy.

Had a bunch of kids die as a result of THAT over the years....

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks to the group for their suggestions...
I'd not considered the possible 'misting' complications for the
lungs/eyes...
And the tip of letting the cleaner have a working time before the rinse is
good to remember.
I guess I'll try a 50/50 dilution before adding to the soap tank...
I have no idea what the ratio will finally be when it's venturied into the
water stream...
Chet

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...

"Chet" wrote in message
Can Simple Green Concentrate be used with a pressure washer?
Web search wasn't much help...
If so, should it be diluted?
Hope to use it with a 2700 psi pressure washer.
(Yes, Simple Green makes pressure washer cleaner, but I'm trying to use
what I've already got...)
Chet

try it. I put 1/2 gal pressure wash concentrate in a 5 gallon pail. Then
turn the soap valve on 1/2 turn. You want to see soap but not a ton.

You make get better results with simple green the way i use engine
degreaser. Spritz the dirty item with degreaser and let it sit 1/2 hour,
then pressure wash.

karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

For pressure sprayers (washers?) 30:1 to 50:1.

Reference:

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/477652...=1461693097887
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/16/2018 1:22 AM, wrote:
For pressure sprayers (washers?) 30:1 to 50:1.

Reference:

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/477652...=1461693097887

"Pets ... Full strength" WTF? It's not for use cleaning your hands,
but use full strength on your pets?