Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 80 year old waterpump that still works

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 02:41:02 +0000, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Seriously, what's a reasonably balanced view of American cars? I mean,
it's a large market, so there's probably a lot of variety, but surely
they can't all be crap? Otherwise you'd be dumb to buy them, right? I
remember taking a fairly old American taxi in Niagara Falls (a few years
ago now), probably an '80s Ford Crown Victoria, and thinking it was a
sweet ride.

Think I was mistaken. It was possibly a Mercury Grand Marquis I rode in.
Definitely American, defintely '80s, and definitely not a Town Car.

Chris

Same car - different nameplate.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/11/2010 7:13 PM, Ignoramus4694 wrote:

(...)

Google pays me several K per month.

Details?

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:58:40 -0400, Gerald Miller
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:58:53 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Gerald Miller wrote:

Interesting hypothesis (I'm assuming that you're excluding consumable
goods). To turn it around another way, can anyone think of a maker of
crappy "durable" goods that has been in business a long time, and making
crappy goods all that time?

Chris
American auto makers?
Gerry :-)}

Be careful there. There is a lot of Canadian content in crappy American cars. We have
the UAW, you have the CAW and they all are working for companies in distress.

Wes

I liked the Ford Ranger pick-um-up I saw the other day plastered with
CAW issued stickers like "out of a job yet - keep buying foreign" "buy
Canadian - keep the jobs in Canada" "CAW - working for you" ad
nauseam! Where do rangers come from??? Hint - they come by sea!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Actually..Ford Rangers come from New Jersy.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-13, Winston wrote:
On 4/11/2010 7:13 PM, Ignoramus4694 wrote:

(...)

Google pays me several K per month.

Details?

Sorry for a slow resopnse Win, I have a site algebra.com, which
attracts a fair amount of visitors, free tutors and students.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-13, wrote:
On 4/11/2010 7:13 PM, Ignoramus4694 wrote:

(...)

Google pays me several K per month.

Details?

Sorry for a slow resopnse Win, I have a site algebra.com, which
attracts a fair amount of visitors, free tutors and students.

I had no idea Google paid that much for ads.

Thanks Ig!

--Winston