Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Its alive!!! 1943 Hobart gasoline welder...update

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:55:27 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/HobartGasWelder#

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...15299718135618
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...15280034888082

Nada.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...15264015202514

Ah, the pics! What's with the bubblegum in pic 5? Are your arms all
UVed tonight? I saw bare armed welding in there. tsk tsk tsk
Hey! What's that _green_ stuff in front of your house? It wasn't
there in July.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...15330663814994
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...15326046218002

Zero pics, dude.

Now Ive got to get a good battery, clean up all the wiring
(carefully..its 70 yrs old), repaint etc etc...G

I LIKE this welder. I burned probably a pound of rod today farting
around, overhead, vertical up, down, sideways etc etc....marvelous what
this machine can do. Its got a far cleaner and easier arc to work with
than any of my other stick welders, Ranger 9, ArcoDialarc 250 etc etc.

Muahahahaha!!!

Congrats.

Now if I ever get the Miller 55G back from the guy who is slowly
rebuilding it.....

You'll what, use it or sell it?

--
May those who love us, love us;