Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hobart Gasoline Welder

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 02:37:19 +0000, ElusiveStranger
wrote:

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 17:35:52 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

Anyone know anything about this beasty?

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...asolineWelder#

I brought it home last night. Previous owner claimed it ran the last
time they welded with it..about 12 yrs ago. Look at the wheels....blink
blink..Ive never seen a wheel with no hole in the middle before. I drug
it from Bakersfield..about 45 miles at 55-60 mph and the bearings didnt
get warm..and I know it had sat parked for at least 8 yrs since they
pulled it down from the ranch.

Owner claimed it had come off a Liberty Ship vintage WW2...shrug

Anyone have any ideas?

Nope, sorry Gunner.

But could you do me a real biggie and run a couppla tests for the post down
below please?

As I said I've been lurking and occasionally posting on here.

I know all about your wheel incident & love your posts.

Hell, I'm learning from reading on here

(posted from sejw)

What sort of test?

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 22:36:08 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

[...]

Welding tests, like "the wheel incident"? gd&r

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Thankfully..Crom has increased my skill set somewhat since those
days....not a lot..but some. Now if I could only make them universally
"pretty"....sigh