Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sheetmetal Welding MIG Hobart Handler 135 120V Welder

The Hobart 135 120V machine has proven to be a very good choice for lots of
tasks, and especially good for easy sheetmetal fabrication.

The heat/voltage settings for the best results will vary with the operator's
skill and experience levels, most likely. For .025" wire and C25 mix (I'm
not that skilled at moving fast, so the lower settings of 3 and 2 are
proving to be completely adequate for lapped joints, and tacking
butt-jointed 20 ga. sheetmtal.
Even the lowest setting of 1, may be useful for

Using the Hobart 135 with some Lincoln SuperArc L-56 ER70S-6 .025" wire and
C25 mix (75%Argon/25%CO2) with new 20 gauge (.037") mild steel, there were
reltively few changes that were required. Connecting the gas regulator,
changing polarity and the wire drive roller and with a new contact tip, made
for a simple change-over.

For however many years I've been using this Hobart 135, all that's been used
has been flux-core wire, with essentilly no problems.
Clean, spatter-free welds are definitely the best.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This post wasn't ready to be sent, I wanted to select Save, not Send.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
The Hobart 135 120V machine has proven to be a very good choice for lots
of tasks, and especially good for easy sheetmetal fabrication.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 17:21:39 -0500, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

This post wasn't ready to be sent, I wanted to select Save, not Send.

Baliff! Wack his peepee!!!

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton

hobart handler 210 mark Metalworking 2 January 17th 08 07:40 AM
Brought home a $9.99 Hobart CyberTig II welder Christopher Tidy Metalworking 30 September 26th 05 02:08 AM
UPDATE $9.99 Hobart CyberTig II welder Ignoramus5411 Metalworking 2 September 23rd 05 08:39 AM
Hobart Bro. Gas driven welder Gunner Metalworking 2 March 19th 05 08:22 PM
FS in Holiday,Fl. - Hobart TR-250HF Tig/Stick Welder rodent Metalworking 1 September 11th 03 03:52 PM