Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hobart Gasoline Welder

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 07:13:38 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 22:36:08 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 02:37:19 +0000, ElusiveStranger
wrote:

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 17:35:52 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

Anyone know anything about this beasty?

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...asolineWelder#

I brought it home last night. Previous owner claimed it ran the last
time they welded with it..about 12 yrs ago. Look at the wheels....blink
blink..Ive never seen a wheel with no hole in the middle before. I drug
it from Bakersfield..about 45 miles at 55-60 mph and the bearings didnt
get warm..and I know it had sat parked for at least 8 yrs since they
pulled it down from the ranch.

Owner claimed it had come off a Liberty Ship vintage WW2...shrug

Anyone have any ideas?

Nope, sorry Gunner.

But could you do me a real biggie and run a couppla tests for the post down
below please?

As I said I've been lurking and occasionally posting on here.

I know all about your wheel incident & love your posts.

Hell, I'm learning from reading on here

(posted from sejw)

What sort of test?

Welding tests, like "the wheel incident"? gd&r

Thankfully..Crom has increased my skill set somewhat since those
days....not a lot..but some. Now if I could only make them universally
"pretty"....sigh

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.