Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hobart Gasoline Welder

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 16:50:38 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

I added some pics after its trip to the carwash, including the Left side
of the engine.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...asolineWelder#

Ive posted the infor and a request on the Hobart group and was told it
was a Chrysler inline 6.
Still dont know the year of manufacture..or even if it can be
started...soon.

Wow, some hack electrician must have wired up that trailer for ya.
snort That block looks like the same one they use for the slant 6,
IIRC. Other than the flat head, it could be a newer engine.

Hey, did you see that they recalled some Obama Motors Cobalts for
steering problems the other day? I'd begun to think that they were
running down Toyota to get rid of the competition. Guess not.

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 17:24:20 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 16:50:38 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

I added some pics after its trip to the carwash, including the Left side
of the engine.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...asolineWelder#

Ive posted the infor and a request on the Hobart group and was told it
was a Chrysler inline 6.
Still dont know the year of manufacture..or even if it can be
started...soon.

Wow, some hack electrician must have wired up that trailer for ya.
snort That block looks like the same one they use for the slant 6,
IIRC. Other than the flat head, it could be a newer engine.

Ayup...got the hack electrician to wire it up for me in the dark with a
mini-Mag between his teeth, in Harbor Freights parking lot. Shrug.

Id been working since 6am, then drove 3 hours up from LA, had to run
around trying to find good used tires and having them changed out,
trying to find a ball in my gear that would hold the hitch, etc etc.

But I got it home safely. No tickets, no washee. Thats all that counts.

Now I got to figure out where to stick it. The back 40 is still
flooded..where the mud isnt 4" deep. And will be going out in a few and
straightening the jack stand so it will be self supporting.

Hey, did you see that they recalled some Obama Motors Cobalts for
steering problems the other day? I'd begun to think that they were
running down Toyota to get rid of the competition. Guess not.

No, I missed that one. Ive not watched TV in over a month...and
frankly..havent missed it.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 10:56:04 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 16:50:38 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

I added some pics after its trip to the carwash, including the Left side
of the engine.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...asolineWelder#

Ive posted the infor and a request on the Hobart group and was told it
was a Chrysler inline 6.
Still dont know the year of manufacture..or even if it can be
started...soon.

Wow, some hack electrician must have wired up that trailer for ya.
snort That block looks like the same one they use for the slant 6,
IIRC. Other than the flat head, it could be a newer engine.

Ayup...got the hack electrician to wire it up for me in the dark with a
mini-Mag between his teeth, in Harbor Freights parking lot. Shrug.

Oh, what fun! g BTDT.

Id been working since 6am, then drove 3 hours up from LA, had to run
around trying to find good used tires and having them changed out,
trying to find a ball in my gear that would hold the hitch, etc etc.

But I got it home safely. No tickets, no washee. Thats all that counts.

Indubitably.

Now I got to figure out where to stick it. The back 40 is still
flooded..where the mud isnt 4" deep. And will be going out in a few and
straightening the jack stand so it will be self supporting.

I noticed that. Was it like that when you picked it up, or only after
you pulled it with the low-slung hitch?

Hey, did you see that they recalled some Obama Motors Cobalts for
steering problems the other day? I'd begun to think that they were
running down Toyota to get rid of the competition. Guess not.

No, I missed that one. Ive not watched TV in over a month...and
frankly..havent missed it.

April will mark my 3rd year without TV. I don't miss it at all. I get
movies from Netflix for 1/4 the price of DISH, and they don';t have
any commercials, either. Watching a half hour news program on the one
station I get here is excruciating. I'm constantly attacking the
remote to mute the damned commercials. It's official: half hour news
programs consist of 13 minutes of content and 17 minutes of
commercials. TV: 500 channels of horrible programming + commercials.

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

It was sitting in a very large mud hole, both tires exploded, with the
jack looking exactly as it does. I had to back up to the edge of the mud
hole, stomp around in 4" of mud, hook up with a chain to a ball in the
upper bumper, pry up the tounge, bolt the chain into a loop and then
very gently pull the protesting ******* out of the mud some 30 feet to a
dry spot, jack up the toung with my truck jack, then back under it, then
back out when I discovered my 2" ball was too big, install a 1 7/8" one,
then back up again, hook up, then dig through my truck for a can of
lube..not find any..then ultimately stick my fingers down the power
steering pump reservior for enough lube to allow the bolt style draw
toggle to finally break through the rust I had to wire brush off the
draw toggle and tighten up. This after jacking it up, pulling off one
wheel, and traveling a meandering 5 miles one way until I finally found
a used tire shop that had a unmatched pair of 16:" tires, have one
mounted, return and install, then jack up the other side, drive back and
have the other one mounted, then return and install the second one. By
this time it was dark. The welder is narrow enough that both my tail
lights could be seen on either side of it from the rear..but given that
law enforcement is on a revenue raising campaign because of reduced tax
income....I drove to Harbor Freight on back streets and up alleys and
down byways into their parking lot where I picked up some bulbs and
whatnot..then dig out a spool of 10ga THHN from truck stock and get
enough lighting functioning to drive the 34 miles to my home.

Hey, did you see that they recalled some Obama Motors Cobalts for
steering problems the other day? I'd begun to think that they were
running down Toyota to get rid of the competition. Guess not.

No, I missed that one. Ive not watched TV in over a month...and
frankly..havent missed it.

April will mark my 3rd year without TV. I don't miss it at all. I get
movies from Netflix for 1/4 the price of DISH, and they don';t have
any commercials, either. Watching a half hour news program on the one
station I get here is excruciating. I'm constantly attacking the
remote to mute the damned commercials. It's official: half hour news
programs consist of 13 minutes of content and 17 minutes of
commercials. TV: 500 channels of horrible programming + commercials.

I gave my converter box in my LA trailer to my wife for her bedroom TV
as I couldnt put up an external antenna. Now Ive got until this coming
Friday to move my RV someplace, or park it in storage and sleep in my
truck from now on.

Not something to look forwards to, eh?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate