Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hobart Gasoline Welder

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 17:24:20 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 16:50:38 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

I added some pics after its trip to the carwash, including the Left side
of the engine.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...asolineWelder#

Ive posted the infor and a request on the Hobart group and was told it
was a Chrysler inline 6.
Still dont know the year of manufacture..or even if it can be
started...soon.

Wow, some hack electrician must have wired up that trailer for ya.
snort That block looks like the same one they use for the slant 6,
IIRC. Other than the flat head, it could be a newer engine.

Ayup...got the hack electrician to wire it up for me in the dark with a
mini-Mag between his teeth, in Harbor Freights parking lot. Shrug.

Id been working since 6am, then drove 3 hours up from LA, had to run
around trying to find good used tires and having them changed out,
trying to find a ball in my gear that would hold the hitch, etc etc.

But I got it home safely. No tickets, no washee. Thats all that counts.

Now I got to figure out where to stick it. The back 40 is still
flooded..where the mud isnt 4" deep. And will be going out in a few and
straightening the jack stand so it will be self supporting.

Hey, did you see that they recalled some Obama Motors Cobalts for
steering problems the other day? I'd begun to think that they were
running down Toyota to get rid of the competition. Guess not.

No, I missed that one. Ive not watched TV in over a month...and
frankly..havent missed it.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.