Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Republican losing streak continues

On Mar 22, 11:22*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:36:53 -0700, Larry Jaques

wrote:
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:03:06 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:40:05 -0500, Ignoramus7894
wrote:

My own opinion, which is worth what you pay for it, it that this
legislative victory is also a political victory for Democrats, for two
reasons.

1. This is a more minor reason, but passage of this law removes the
factor of annoyance about uncertainty in the minds of voters and also
shows that Democrats are capable of accomplishing a large legislative
change. Just because the uncertainty is over, causes some relief in
the minds of voters and that is a favorable factor.

More briefly, now we cannot say that "Obama administration
accomplished nothing".

2. There is a large constituency of people, like parents of young
adults lacking coverage, people with substandard health insurance
policies, and so on, who would eventually realize the benefits of this
change. When they do, they will, presumably, support its
sponsors.

Also, people like me, who have health insurance, but realize that they
would likely lose it when they *really* need it, would also be
favorably inclined towards it.

3. The people negatively affected are those young healthy well paid
people who have to shoulder some of the costs. While some of them
might realize that one day they may become old and unhealthy and not
so well paid, even if they do not, extra taxes will be a drop in the
bucket and not a hot button issue like gun control.

The healthcare reform has every potential of becoming a sacred
political cow, like Medicare, and create a pro-Democrat constituency
where none previously existed.

Aside from elections, here's one more point that I want to make.

4. As Warren Buffett pointed out, our health care costs are 14-16% of
GDP and are much higher than for other industrialized nations, which
badly affects our competitive standing. The healthcare law has some
chances of reducing that percentage.

Oh hell yes.

And then those that are forced to buy insurance will simply kill
Leftwing Extremists that have been unconstitutionaly driven to force
others *to pay for someone elses insurance.

But hey...Leftwingers are going to be killed in hummm about 2 yrs, give
or take a little bit..so its a moot issue.

I can imagine some kids whining "Awwwwwwwww, Dad. Do we have to wait
that long?"

Thats the cool thing ya know..once the killing starts, the rest of the
folks say..."well hell! *Might as well go get some of them rat *******s
ourselves before they are all gone. Git your rifle!"

And then everyone gets their guns, ropes, explosives, firebombs, barbed
wire, knives, cleavers etc etc and goes out and waxes a Leftie.

It will be interesting to see who their replacements are, wont it? Will
the DNC bring up the next string of far leftwing fringe kooks? Will it
simply cease to exist? *Will the survivors (if any) be running so scared
that they will start voting to the Right of Limbaugh in self
preservation?

No matter...the Democratic Party will lose a significant number of its
leadership and a very large number of its rank and file. Teachers will
be in short supply, community organizers will cease to exist,
unions...well....shrug... Colleges will be missing significant portions
of its staff...all bulldozed into mass graves and so forth. *Even
churches such as the Catholics will be rather short on priests...lots of
far leftwing fringe kooks...not the least of them are child molesters as
well.....shrug

And of course to be entirely fair..the Fringe Right will be losing its
Klanners, Aryan Brotherhood and the rest of its (very) small
embaressments. I wonder..if we bulldoze a couple hundred ABs into the
same ditch as a bunch of Black Leftists and white Leftwingers...will the
ground boil for years afterwards?

As the old curse says..."we will be living in interesting times"

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." *Grey Ghost- Hide quoted text -

Gunner...are you threatening the President?

It sure sounds like it.

TMT